Bionic LapDock Impressions

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Accessories' started by ConqSoft, Sep 8, 2011.

1. ConqSoft

ConqSoft Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Agreed. The more I've used mine the more I find it useful.

I'm wondering if they will ever add support for a USB webcam of some sort... Hmm.

2. mach330

mach330 Active Member

Ratings:
    +54
    sorry for the stupid question. I just wanted to ask before I try this lapdock. Just wanted to confirm.

- so we can use phones' 4G and wifi connection to surf on this thing without paying extra fees?
    - this just basically an extension of the phone? bigger screen and a keyboard

What's the resolution on the screen? Same as the phone? It's not pentile is it? lol

3. ConqSoft

ConqSoft Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Yes

1366x768

4. mach330

mach330 Active Member

Ratings:
    +54
    thanks.

great, just read the fine print. since i got my bionic at costco, I guess I can't get the $100 rebate.

"Lapdock and DROID BIONIC must appear on the same receipt"

$200 is worth it, but not $300 in my eyes. my wife will be happy i'm not spending more money today.

5. jseah

jseah Active Member

Ratings:
    +25
    I've also noticed (tried adding it to cart online) that the 25% corporate discount on accessories does not apply to the lapdock either.

Here are the requirements for the $100 rebate (according to the rebate form)

1. You have to have either the $50/5GB or $80/10GB data plan
    2. Data packages less than $50 and data package combinations are not eligible
    3. Eligible data package must remain active for at least 30 consecutive days
    4. Lapdock and Droid Bionic must appear on the same receipt.

http://content.atomz.com/pb00003783/publish/htdocs/images/DroidLapdock_MailinRebateForm.pdf

6. das2042

das2042 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I got it and I think its awesome! I travel a lot for work(rv shows) so its great to be able to go online without having to tether. I enjoy it and its a light lighter and smaller than my laptop

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

7. mach330

mach330 Active Member

Ratings:
    +54
    sux. i was hoping i could use my 25% coupon too. oh well. someone just needs to hack the wife tether soon.

8. MonkeyTime

MonkeyTime Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know about the coupon, but I got the 25% corporate discount and then some off on mine. I figured out what accessories I wanted, then found the cheapest (and easiest to verify) cost of the phone. Took my 25% off each accessory, and called Verizon stores and said here's the deal, I don't want to buy from Walmart for $199, and your upgrade price for me is $249, split the difference and I'll buy from you. I added everything up including the corp discount on the lapdock and had them confirm they would sell the package for that price. The first store said no, the second said yes if I bought that day and all the accessories at the same time. When I got there, the lapdock didn't come up with the discount, but the manager overroad the price for me and they took the extra $25 off the phone.

If you haven't bought the phone yet and you have a few V stores in the area, it might work for you too!

9. rgb2448

rgb2448 New Member

Ratings:
    +0

Just call Verizon at *611 and they will take the 25% off of the lapdock and ship it for free. I actually got the lapdock for $199 and extended battery for $17.50 when I called in and ordered them. If the first person won't give it to you just hang up and call again until you get someone that will work with you.

10. baniels

baniels Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How is it that this thread has ZERO pictures?

11. ConqSoft

ConqSoft Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Tons of pictures of it online already... What specifically did you want to see?

12. RedRaider81

RedRaider81 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    LapDock improvements (potentially) with ICS

Don't forget ICS should be out (whether officially or unofficially for the Bionic) by the end of the year and if the speed enhancements are as good as the current claims are then it could provide a significant increase in performance. Also, once SetCPU or similar overclocking utility is released that allows for a modest 1.2-1.3 GHz running speed should help a little bit, too. But I believe ICS to be a real potential for unlocking the true capability of this device. It is crappy to invest so much in a device we exchange every 1.5-2 years (if not sooner), I sincerely hope Moto keeps the same HDMI and USB spacing on the phone, and allow for backward compatibility. I believe if they were to issue a statement addressing this issue, that confidence alone that I won't have useless hardware in 2 years would be enough to convince me to buy it.

Search tags for this page

bionic lapdock review

bionic lapdock specs
bionic phone lapdock review
droid bionic lapdock review
function keys for lapdock motorola droid
lapdock bionic dimensions
lapdock freezes cursor
motorola bionic lapdock review
mouse freezes on bionic lapdock