Bionic LapDock Impressions

vernondraper

Reaction score
Personally, I will have to say that I like it and I do use it. In my opinion, it is worth about $150. If my money was tight, I would take it back. At $300 I will keep mine to out-geek my nerd buddies. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

RedRaider81

Reaction score
Anyone else hook up a Bluetooth keyboard/mouse yet? Works great with the WebTop adapter on my TV, or just directly on my phone; I didn't realize the mouse cursor would automatically pop up on the phone screen. I love the phone (pentile is annoying at times though...), like the WebTop interface and wish I had the $$$ for the LapDock.

socalsurfer

Reaction score
I got the LapDock, and it is really convenient to answer lengthy emails in airports, etc. It boots up and turns of in a heartbeat. It isn't intended to be a netbook (well maybe, but its not), but for browsing the web with Firefox, and doing emails it is great.

droyed

Reaction score
Corporate Discount on Lapdock

I got my lapdock at the 25% corporate discount by calling once I realized it wasn't showing the discount in the shopping cart. Call and ask!dancedroid

gravebelly

Reaction score
I bought the Lap Dock about a week ago. It is very light. On the second day of use I got use to the keyboard and I like it. Love watching netflix in office on bigger screen while i work. I am a heavy word user. I found that I like using Office Pro and it meets my needs. Love the fact of being able to use wired or wirless key board and mouse. The dock is lighter then one of my case files. It is perfect for what I do and I hope to get a lot of use. I love the fact also that the dock battery performs well and keeps charging your phone when unplugged. I do know this worked for around 5 hours unplugged while i typed in word without having to recharge. I think i can get the 8 hours with no problems. This is way better then taking my laptop in the field plus i have internet from phone no broad band card b.s. charges. After a week of use I have no regrets. I just wish i would not have bought hd dock as the lapdock serves my mobile purposes better (Dont have to worry about a moniter with lapdock).

BlooS

Reaction score
Is anybody else having a lot of problems with the track pad? I don't mean the trackpad getting in the way while typing but actually trying to move the cursor around with it. The cursor kept freezing while I used the trackpad and every once in a while the cursor would move all over the screen on its own and click random things. Is this a defect or is that just how it is? Once I plugged in a mouse I had no problems and loved using the lapdock.

By the way, the lapdock is great if it weren't for that one problem. It was between this and a netbook and I decided to get this since I could use the phones 4g almost everywhere I go. I use it for taking notes in class using Google docs and as long as I use a mouse I have very little problems. The only other problem I have is a low memory message pops up and I have to close a few browser pages or apps. The thing is so light and thin it's almost like a magazine but built really well.

rumblee1

Reaction score
I agree THAT it needs improvements but really does what I need it to do except one thing. You can't watch downloaded video media on it. CRAZY

69copo

Reaction score
It is way too expensive. Why not just get a laptop or a netbook?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I agree JriderG. I was looking at a tablet at my VZW store simply because I wanted a larger screen. I wasn't thrilled with the fact that I had to get a capped at 10gb data plan for $80. extra a month. Then I saw the laptop dock and thought that was the answer to my problem. For $199. and a no restocking fee if returned within 14 days I was sold. I said I'd take it and then when she rang it up the price jumped to $299. $199 is only for activation on a new smartphone line. I wasn't in love at $299. I went home and and jumped on the Best Buy sight and found a netbook that is more than capable for what I need. That's the way I went anyway. Full OS and better interface. Just my 2cent.

GBH2

Reaction score
I agree JriderG. I was looking at a tablet at my VZW store simply because I wanted a larger screen. I wasn't thrilled with the fact that I had to get a capped at 10gb data plan for $80. extra a month. Then I saw the laptop dock and thought that was the answer to my problem. For $199. and a no restocking fee if returned within 14 days I was sold. I said I'd take it and then when she rang it up the price jumped to $299. $199 is only for activation on a new smartphone line. I wasn't in love at $299. I went home and and jumped on the Best Buy sight and found a netbook that is more than capable for what I need. That's the way I went anyway. Full OS and better interface. Just my 2cent.

The Data is the key. I only paid $199 for my Lapdock though. Sure you can get a more capable Netbook or laptop for $299, but if you want mobile data without having to pay additional fees($30 per month for 2 years = $720.00) or having to worry about getting "caught" by Verizon for "stealing" their precious data then the lapdock is a viable and economical option.

txrover

Reaction score
I'm finding that pulling pictures over to my phone (for upload to facebook, etc) from a card reader (via usb port) is one thing I'm using it for. I'd like to find some other uses still.