Bionic HDMI Dock Review

OP
unbesorgt

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Shadez;[URL="tel:1761061" said:
1761061[/URL]]Works great in mirroring mode, and to be honest, I am not even sure what the webtop does. I got so many conflicting reports of what its used for, I even ordered it, being told I could remotely send my laptop to my tv, which is wrong. So I sent it back .. accessories can ad up $$ ... lol but this keyboard and mouse I love.

Glad you like it! Just to clarify, you can use Webtop mode with just the HDMI dock, no other hardware needed. When you dock the phone it should give you a prompt where you can choose Mirroring, Desktop, Bedside, or Webtop mode. If you already checked the box for "always choose Mirroring" then you may need to pull the Notification Bar down and select the HDMI Dock notification. That should give you the prompt again with all the options. Webtop is similar to Mirroring, but it displays your phone in a window on your TV and lets you run a full-featured version of Firefox in another window. It's worth trying out since you already own the HDMI dock. Personally I think Webtop mode works better for web surfing, while Mirroring mode works better for apps such as Netflix. I just let it ask me each time and leave the "always do this" box unchecked.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Ahh ok..gotcha now, and i always leave it in the select mode. Just easier..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
just bought the dock from vzw on clearance and my other discounts paid 46 for it .. off to go buy a keyboard and mouse .. will any of them work ?