Bionic exchanged

Status
Not open for further replies.

alcas74

Reaction score
Great forum people. Had a question, I had a rooted phone that wouldn't allow the update. Verizon sent me a new one and the update worked. I did a complete reset and I can't get rid of the super user icon. Can I just send it back with that? Thanks

edwards2243

Reaction score
Great forum people. Had a question, I had a rooted phone that wouldn't allow the update. Verizon sent me a new one and the update worked. I did a complete reset and I can't get rid of the super user icon. Can I just send it back with that? Thanks

Where are you seeing it?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
A

alcas74

Reaction score
In the menu where u have all the apps

edwards2243

Reaction score
Have you tried uninstalling it? If the app is on your sd card, a factory reset won't delete it.

Edit: what jungle king said...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
A

alcas74

Reaction score
I didn't uproot it before I reset it. I didn't even think about it. I just called them and told them that my phone wouldn't take the update. I really don't want to take a chance so is there something I can do? I tried unrooting after the fact and that wouldn't work neither.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Assuming you're in America, they can't charge you anything for rooting your phone. The library of Congress made it legal to get root access to phones. Don't worry about returning a rooted phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
When you root your phone, you void the warranty and thus is clearly stated in every thread out there that gives directions for root. If your phone wouldn't update, it was because you choose to mess with it and root and we all take responsibility for our actions. By telling Verizon it just doesn't work and not taking responsibility, you are costing everyone. The more users mess up their phones and then make a false warranty claim for a free replacement, Verizon and Motorola have to pay extra with the cost of shipping, fixing your "broken" device, and overall processing. In the end, how do they recover that cost? By charging all consumers more for their phones. So in the end, we all pay for those that don't follow the rules

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
Assuming you're in America, they can't charge you anything for rooting your phone. The library of Congress made it legal to get root access to phones. Don't worry about returning a rooted phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Not true. Yes, it is legal to root but they absolutely can charge you for filing a false claim. Just because it is legal, does not take away from the fact that rooting voids your warranty and if you claim it under warranty, you are saying it broke due to defect. When in reality, you broke it and claiming otherwise is fraud.

Is it illegal to work on your own car? No of course not. But if you screw something up, you don't expected ford or chevy to fix it under warranty. So why would you think this is any different?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Pcurple Tapatalk

OP
A

alcas74

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the replies and helpful tips. Now on lecturing, really no need for it. Can it being naive or new to the rooting and unrooting phones but if you think that it makes a difference in what ur paying for a phone is comical. We are overpaying for service as it is and if you think by people replacing a few phones jacks the pricing up its funny. These companies squeeze every penny out of their clients so plz keep useless comments to urself. Thanks

Reaction score
Talk about nerve. As a noob, you need to check that attitude at the door. You come here asking for help committing fraud and you have the gumption to disrespect me by calling my comments useless? Those were not my opinions....they are facts.

I was educating you, but kept it respectful. You are lucky i helped at all.

Edit: removed all help from posts. It doesn't pay to assist some users.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent purple Tapatalk

Last edited:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ok guys....let's not get into a pissing match. Not everyone has the same opinion on things and there's no need to get upset if yours doesn't match another's. So stop it before it starts gentlemen.

"Ready to do nothing at a moments notice."

OP
A

alcas74

Reaction score
I appreciated the help and I didn't appreciated the lecture. Really no need for it. I don't believe i committed fraud. Verizon never asked if I had a rooted phone or not. I wasn't even sure if that was the problem since I read that people with rooted phones had no problem. I thought that resetting the phone cleared the root. Im sure that your not using mobile hotpot with ur rooted phone.

beachbum25

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the replies and helpful tips. Now on lecturing, really no need for it. Can it being naive or new to the rooting and unrooting phones but if you think that it makes a difference in what ur paying for a phone is comical. We are overpaying for service as it is and if you think by people replacing a few phones jacks the pricing up its funny. These companies squeeze every penny out of their clients so plz keep useless comments to urself. Thanks

Man sounds like you came here looking for help. Well here ya go bud. Seriously. First, did you buy your phone from Verizon? If so do you have insurance on it? If you do the easiest thing to do is smash it and pay the deductible. (Anybody doesn't like that idea, don't risk breaking a nail typing a response to this because i don't care what you think.) If you don't have insurance go here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-bionic-hacks/197493-stuck-ap-fastboot-flash-mode.html and give the steps I posted a shot. I didn't come up with them just put them together for that user that needed help.... so props to all the dudes that worked hard so that we can keep our phones riding the airwaves.
Second, did you buy it from best buy? If so and you got the black tie, well that's bonus land take it back to them. I would honestly try the steps in that other forum.

Good luck and msg me if you have questions about any of it.

OP
A

alcas74

Reaction score
Thanks beach, i think im just gonna send it in and if they say anything just pay for it. I really didn't think the root was the problem since I read people had no issue with the update. I appreciated jungle's help and I don't know all the socalled rules of rooting and unrooting so I didn't know I did anything wrong but for jungle to lecture that I was costing people money and jacking up phone prices is comical. These companies charge what they charge because they can get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.