droid bionic update

DROID MONSTER

Reaction score
I have a DROID bionic, not rooted, I recently downloaded a leak of ics for it, and installed it, but now I em not happy with my phone, verizon was going to take it back and send me a different phone, but I told them I had to wait because of what I did, does anyone know if the leak update I installed, will cause them to charge me the full price of the bionic, even though it is not rooted?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
They'll be able to see that it's not GB, so they might charge you. If you have to get it back to stock GB at .905, there are several threads on how to do that.

Last edited:

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
They will not charge you. Nobody has ever been charged for returning a bionic with modified software.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

CBMGGM

Reaction score
+1
VZW will flash the phone and everything gets wiped. Rooted, modded , leaks installed, does not affect your status with them. Don't worry.......

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Odd, I've seen posts about returning a Bionic to stock before sending it in. So no matter what you do, they'll accept it?

Regulator

Reaction score
I have a DROID bionic, not rooted, I recently downloaded a leak of ics for it, and installed it, but now I em not happy with my phone, verizon was going to take it back and send me a different phone, but I told them I had to wait because of what I did, does anyone know if the leak update I installed, will cause them to charge me the full price of the bionic, even though it is not rooted?

You shouldn't of flashed if you didn't know what you were doing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Let's be honest here....many of us blazed a trail ahead back on the 5.7.893 and 5.8.894 leaks without knowing what we were doing. *WE* were in WAY worse shape than the OP. At the time, we had absolutely no recourse to get back to OTA when we originally did the leaks. The tools exist today because of the work that was done by those who blazed full steam ahead without looking back. My experience during that time should serve as a cautionary tale to know what you're doing, sure, but, in the end even I was unbricked and back on the OTA path. The tools are there now, so, the risk of playing with leaks is far less. All the OP needs to do is use the full FXZ to get back to 902 stock and then return the phone. Done.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

I have a question to the OP. Are you within the 14-day grace period? Did you get the Bionic and are not happy with it, or is the return due to something else?