Best Verizon Android phone?

hooknife

Reaction score
If you were going to buy a Android phone on the Verizon network which one would you choose and why? I can upgrade my phone and I'm having a hard time deciding.

Thanks in advance!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Best is subjective....

Bionic is my next device. Screen size and spec's have me sold.

DroidLvr73

Reaction score
Very subjective, I agree. Most currently state the X is the best available but you will be told differently depending on which forum or what phone the person who responds already has. Each model has a fair share of die hard fans and supporters. I am holding out for the Bionic currently. Thunderbolt I like the design of but think they short changed the processor and is more in line with the current generation of phones. Bionic has next generation written all over it and now with the changes to the NE2 coming need to really think before you make a move. I just got a Droid1 used based on all the mods it is capable of. Good luck in your decision, it is a tough one.

r314bd

Reaction score
I'll echo the sentiments above...this is a very hard question to answer right now. Strictly speaking it is of course one of the 4G phones announced last week at CES...but they won't actually release till Q2. Plus we don't know 4G plan pricing.

Of the already available phones, it's really a matter of personal preference.

You like big screen real estate? Droid X.
You like a physical keyboard? Droid 2 (or Droid 2 Global).
You like customizing? Droid 1 (my personal favorite, still).

Although of the 4G phones my votes go to the Droid Bionic and HTC Merge (assuming it gets released as a 4G phone)

DroidLvr73

Reaction score
Icculus based on all I have read and what it is capable of doing D1 is definitely one of best out there IMHO. That is why I went with it for my first Android phone. Could have gotten a brand new Ally w/o contract for same price but opted for the used D1 instead. GF has one, not rooted or anything but even as is I enjoyed the few times I got my hands on it. Can't wait to mod it once it arrives. Reading everything I can in anticipation. If had to get a New phone now I would have went with the X based on specs, HDMI, and support. Like the Fascinate as well but no HDMI.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Either the big Acer or the Bionic. Determination will be 1) least locked down, 2) cpu 3) hands-on, the least "plastic" feeling one.

Blabomb

Reaction score
I like my droid 2 the best simply because I hate typing on touch screens

scf

Reaction score
that's funny because I can't stand typing on the slide-out keyboards, finguz is tew bigh.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Best Verizon Android phone?
As is typical with these threads, you've omitted your needs/wants.

If you were going to buy a Android phone on the Verizon network which one would you choose and why?
What I or anyone else would get is irrelevant unless you happen to have the exact same preferences. Don't put the cart before the horse. Start with what you're looking for and find device that suit those requirements.