best software keyboard?

OP
I

igobyfitz73

Reaction score
ive already created like 4 htc keyboards...fully customizable from background to font colors...i <3 my dolphins cheerleader one...u can find under recent if its still there. i think the link is like the second post...u have to click on the words

kmarmet

Reaction score
+1 on Smart Keyboard Pro

using this forever, it's so customizable it's nuts.

where do you get it? from the market or other means?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

it comes with smart keyboard pro :)
doesn't ultra keyboard have more options though? I teueed them both

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Droman

Reaction score
SlideIT - Absolute Genius Keyboard

I dont really like the stock software keyboard. Therefore im in the hunt for a new keyboard, but i dont know which one to get. I will gladly take suggestions.

The best app I found so far this year is SlideIT. Absolute genius and works really well.

[video=youtube;xf0iuQXYCGY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf0iuQXYCGY]YouTube - SlideIT - Absolute Genius Keyboard[/video]

timp

Reaction score
I dont really like the stock software keyboard. Therefore im in the hunt for a new keyboard, but i dont know which one to get. I will gladly take suggestions.

The best app I found so far this year is SlideIT. Absolute genius and works really well.

[video=youtube;xf0iuQXYCGY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf0iuQXYCGY]YouTube - SlideIT - Absolute Genius Keyboard[/video]

What's the difference between this, Shapewriter, and Swype? I've been using shapewriter for a couple weeks now and it's been amazing...have never looked back. But I've never tried the other two.
Also, how do you get Swype? It's not in the market.

Droman

Reaction score
I prefer Slideit

What's the difference between this, Shapewriter, and Swype? I've been using shapewriter for a couple weeks now and it's been amazing...have never looked back. But I've never tried the other two.
Also, how do you get Swype? It's not in the market.

Swype is not officially available
I have been testing shapewriter and generally like it, but I prefer Slideit. The tap mode is more flexible and I like the graffiti portion. The intuitive is easier to modify and affect.
You can find SlideIT on the market or on their site :Dasur SlideIT - Mobile Text Input for Touchscreen devices

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Here is a keyboard lineup so you can kind of get a better idea on what you like.

Android Central's Keyboard Roundup | Android Central

I have personally used the HTC Keyboard (my favorite also and comes stock on my phone) as well as Swype, SlideIT and Shapewriter.

The order from best to worst IMO is:

HTC Keyboard
Swype
SlideIT
Shapewriter