Benefits Of ICS on bionic?

tennvol

Reaction score
I have ICS on my Transformer...I agree with the above, nothing special

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
I know we're not going to be able to do NFC compatible things, that's hardware stuff on the Nexus. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

DoctorV

Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it but maybe I've been misinformed but isn't ICS supposed to unlock the full potential of dual core processors?

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You may wanna keep in mind other resources... I saw just the other day there is a manufacturer of SD cards that support NFC... "adds NFC compatibility to devices that were released without it!"

Now for the previously mentioned privacy screen. That would be awesome! Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here's an app idea; sorry if it already exists: Every time the phone is turned on, if the security test fails, take pictures with both cameras and send them to a predefined address.

I'm not sure about all security apps but Norton full feature has the ability to remotely lock your phone and when it is locked will take pictures on the front camera. Not sure where it sends them. I think to an online site where you sign in and look at them. Here are a few of the features from the website.

"Scream" locator - lets you send a text to your missing phone that sets off a "scream" alarm, so you can find it fast even if the volume is set to silent or vibrate.

Web-based Sneak Peek - snaps photos of anyone in front of your device then saves the images. (Webcam devices only.)

Remote locate - shows you the location of your phone via Web or SMS, so you can find it if it's lost or stolen.
icon10.png

Remote lock - lets you remotely lock your lost or stolen phone via Web or SMS to prevent strangers from seeing your private stuff or running up your mobile bill.
Remote wipe - lets you remotely erase the stuff on your phone via SMS if it's lost or stolen, including any data on your phone's memory card.

PhoebeAnn

Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it but maybe I've been misinformed but isn't ICS supposed to unlock the full potential of dual core processors?

Beats me. I'm wishing we were back in the age of black dial phones.

Phoenixk

Reaction score
ICS is primarily a visual difference.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

OP
M

mattyj724

Reaction score
Mobiledefense.com is great. I use it all the time

PhoebeAnn

Reaction score
I'm not sure about all security apps but Norton full feature has the ability to remotely lock your phone and when it is locked will take pictures on the front camera. Not sure where it sends them. I think to an online site where you sign in and look at them....

I keep forgetting... "There's an app for that." Thanks.

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
You may wanna keep in mind other resources... I saw just the other day there is a manufacturer of SD cards that support NFC... "adds NFC compatibility to devices that were released without it!"

Now for the previously mentioned privacy screen. That would be awesome! Lol

I was thinking about that, too a few months ago, even before ice cream sandwich came out.. A very good point was made to me. By the time those cards become easily accessible to us (meaning not having to order from a website in another country) we will, by then, have upgraded our phones to a phone that does have NFC.

The way I see it? By the time NFC is easily accessible, it'll be because it will be in all the new phones, and plain SD cards will probably be 'out'. I've read about those exact same cards you were talking about, too. But unless you're sticking with the Bionic past your upgrade, don't plan on seeing NFC on the Bionic.

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Youre probably right... lol. I didn't have the Bionic long before I got the Nexus. But it is an option for those that don't or can't get a new phone when they'd like.