Ics port for bionic yet?

Actuallee

Reaction score
Any update on ics port for bionic? There are already at least 2 that I know of

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wseyller

Reaction score
We dont have any way of installing a custom ics kernel. So until Motorola officially releases ics dont count on it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

dags5000

Reaction score
ics is the system partition (I.e. googles aosp code) not the kernel so doesn't require Motorola to provide the update. If rooted u will be able to try it out. There may be some roms out already if google has released the source code for it, not sure. There are definitely custom roms with ics UI theme/features (the new launcher for example).

Last edited:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Really, to have a true functioning ICS ROM and not just a GB ROM with ICS theme and tweaks, the Bionic would have to have 2nd init aka Cyanogenmod.

Boot Manager

OP
A

Actuallee

Reaction score
I don't just want the theme. I want the real deal. When I went from froyo to gb it was a real difference in performance that no theme could give. I can wait till a true version of ics is available. I'm just impatient :)

wseyller

Reaction score
ics is the system partition (I.e. googles aosp code) not the kernel so doesn't require Motorola to provide the update. If rooted u will be able to try it out. There may be some roms out already if google has released the source code for it, not sure. There are definitely custom roms with ics UI theme/features (the new launcher for example).

To install a full ICS rom without an updated kernel might be possible but there will be many things broken. I think most of us want more than just some visual UI addon. There are new features within ICS that current gingerbread kernels can't handle.