Beautiful Widgets Weather: I wish it were true

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ever since I went to saphhire 2.2 it's been acting loopy. if I have geolocation checked off, the tempature notification won't show, nor will geolocation actually work. it was working fine when I was on 2.1, and the clean 2.2.

You develop the app for the OS, not the other way around. So I would suggest you go to the sapphire area and let them know there is an issue with their ROM and BW.

Been working great in my area over the last two days.

n0m0n

Reaction score
Never on time, temp wrong, seems like its not updating

Well I cant seem to figure out why on my Droidx Beautiful Widget Clock/Weather are always out of time?
When I check the time against the device's time up in the notification bar its always slower and most of the time by about 30 minutes.
I don't seem to remember this with my Droid or Incredible.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Is there a fix or anything that I can do to get this to keep the right time, right temperature?

Thanks

bje1982

Reaction score
Well I cant seem to figure out why on my Droidx Beautiful Widget Clock/Weather are always out of time?
When I check the time against the device's time up in the notification bar its always slower and most of the time by about 30 minutes.

Is there a fix or anything that I can do to get this to keep the right time, right temperature?

Thanks

Are you using a task killer? That's the only thing I can think of that would keep it from updating.

n0m0n

Reaction score

Thanks

Are you using a task killer? That's the only thing I can think of that would keep it from updating.

No I have no task manager, it was said that ADW can do this???

It works on my Droid but not on my DX, so I don't know.
Thanks

dmo580

Reaction score

Thanks

Thanks

ADW's persistent mode and widget not updating should be treated as separate things.... well it's more like there's 2 ways of the widget not updating.

There's the one where it just can't locate you flat out so you think it's not updating. But the time is updating.

There's the one where the widget just freezes and no longer refreshes its display. This can be attributed to ADW's persistent mode which is not well written (I Used ADW for al ong time and I have to admit LP does a better job in keeping widgets from reloading on the home screen with a better persistent mode).

So which one are you encountering? You mentioned ADW so I imagine this is what you mean. If the time is updating, then so is the weather.

Now whether the weather updates properly or not is location dependent. IF you establish the first criteria, now look at the geolocation. Is it correct? At least the right city? Ok, now is the temp off or not? What if you refresh it?

n0m0n

Reaction score

Thanks

ADW's persistent mode and widget not updating should be treated as separate things.... well it's more like there's 2 ways of the widget not updating.

There's the one where it just can't locate you flat out so you think it's not updating. But the time is updating.

There's the one where the widget just freezes and no longer refreshes its display. This can be attributed to ADW's persistent mode which is not well written (I Used ADW for al ong time and I have to admit LP does a better job in keeping widgets from reloading on the home screen with a better persistent mode).

So which one are you encountering? You mentioned ADW so I imagine this is what you mean. If the time is updating, then so is the weather.

Now whether the weather updates properly or not is location dependent. IF you establish the first criteria, now look at the geolocation. Is it correct? At least the right city? Ok, now is the temp off or not? What if you refresh it?

OK I am not sure about the weather even though the town or area is right.
The time is about 30 minutes behind until I choose refresh.
I don't have ADW's persistent mode enabled so I can't disable that to check.

Anything else I can do to try to get this?
I did find that Weather Widget has a enable box if the time isn't correct.
When I check it it keeps the correct time.
Only thing is I like BW.

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
LevelUpStudios tweeted today that the Google Weather feed doesn't seem to be updating again today. He also stated though that he'll be moving to another weather source in the next couple of weeks since he's also tired of the feed going down.

misterSelf

Reaction score
LevelUpStudios tweeted today that the Google Weather feed doesn't seem to be updating again today. He also stated though that he'll be moving to another weather source in the next couple of weeks since he's also tired of the feed going down.
He should use whatever WeatherBug uses.

n0m0n

Reaction score

Well that isn't going to address my issue.
My main issue is that its not keeping time or updating when the device is.

techguru

Reaction score
Weatherbug uses a combination of national weather service for forecasts and their own weather stations for current conditions. They won't share their data. Also I believe they are US only. Wunderground has a good XML API and is worldwide. Weather Channel has a good API but their terms of use are onerous.

Alan

techguru

Reaction score
Sorry. Swypes spell check is so good I have started using more $10 words. ;)

kpiskin

Reaction score
I use either weather flip clock or beautiful widget and am noticing weather isn't right on either of them. So both tools must be using the same method for updating weather. Any idea how to fix this? I wouldn't complain, but it isn't a free app, so shouldn't I expect it to work?

Last edited:

HDTVinCR

Reaction score
Waiting to see if it is indeed a fix, but I tried changing the zip code to that of the airport and it seemed to update. Whereas my zip code did not seem to trigger updates.

You all may want to try a different zip code in your area.

P.S. I am not using geolocation....