Beautiful Widgets Weather: I wish it were true

vico512

Reaction score
Here in the Seattle area, BW had been screwed-up for days, so I just ignored it. I noticed that, this morning, it was considerably closer, but still a little off. After forcing an update, it now agrees with the Google Wx page.

techguru

Reaction score
On Monday, after searching "weather myzipcode" and getting the same results, I clicked on google's Send Feedback link and complained that the current conditions had not updated in at least three days. Within 3 hours, it was working correctly again.

Don't know if it was coincidence, or they fixed based on my feedback, but it can't hurt to try for your area.

Alan

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I seem to be only 2 degrees or so off now. Seems Goog got their stuff straightened out.

I still believe there should be other sources available for BW to get the info from, and it seems the developer is doing just that - good stuff.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
If you look on the google weather page it says that weather information IS provided by weather underground. Maybe if BW pulled the information directly from wunderground instead of via google

mrdroid

Reaction score
If you look on the google weather page it says that weather information IS provided by weather underground. Maybe if BW pulled the information directly from wunderground instead of via google

Good to know. That explains why it's so accurate when it's actually working! :D

I don't think it's an issue with BW or WU though.... I thought it was an issue with Google's API?

And yea, if they could pull from WU directly that would be ideal. I just downloaded another app that does pull directly from WU and it's working great... it's ugly as hell though and no widget.

JP 5.56

Reaction score

Good to know. That explains why it's so accurate when it's actually working! :D

I don't think it's an issue with BW or WU though.... I thought it was an issue with Google's API?

And yea, if they could pull from WU directly that would be ideal. I just downloaded another app that does pull directly from WU and it's working great... it's ugly as hell though and no widget.

Yes you are correct, it was an issue on googles part. (Which looks as if its cleared up)

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I thought everything was working fine, but now it has stopped again. As of right now it is 3:17, but my phone says 3:11. But I think it isn't BW though. I also noticed that Handcent didn't show that I had a text, and my gmail notifier doesn't show the unread email I have sitting there. Now I am really confused!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I thought everything was working fine, but now it has stopped again. As of right now it is 3:17, but my phone says 3:11. But I think it isn't BW though. I also noticed that Handcent didn't show that I had a text, and my gmail notifier doesn't show the unread email I have sitting there. Now I am really confused!

The time problem is happening to me. I'm trying to see why. I did notice that when it's off the multimedia dock the time is OK.

UPDATE: I could get the problem to reoccur if I powered down and let it restart while still in the multimedia dock. The time on BW froze until I removed it from the dock.

Last edited:

mitchb2

Reaction score
I uninstalled and reinstalled BW.
Right now it is working, as are all the "mini" widgets.
It's using the default skin.

If I so much as touch the Configuration, it force closes, the clock freezes, and all the mini widgets freeze and become inactive.

mad3963

Reaction score
Always been very accurate for me here in central Ohio.

radsaq

Reaction score

This may also be because of the launcher you are using. As far as I know, the launcher is what is actually responsible for rendering widgets on the screen (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

villain1998

Reaction score
My clock is off

I'm runningjrummys 509 with adw launcher and now my clock and weather are off

misterSelf

Reaction score
I always thought it was dead on, but maybe I just haven't been paying close enough attention. I'll try an experiment for a week. I'll compare it to WeatherBug and The Weather Channel and see what discrepancies I notice.

RevivaL

Reaction score
ever since I went to saphhire 2.2 it's been acting loopy. if I have geolocation checked off, the tempature notification won't show, nor will geolocation actually work. it was working fine when I was on 2.1, and the clean 2.2.