Beautiful Widgets Weather: I wish it were true

jleahcims

Reaction score
techguru...google was contacted on three different occasions...but the problem still has persisted....obviously I am not the only one who is complaining. This problem has been around for quite sometime ...it's just that it has became increasingly worse...

TheDJ

Reaction score
My BW stopped working again, stuck at 88 and cloudy. Hopefully they get the update soon with the new weather provider.

techguru

Reaction score
@jleahcims, I am not arguing that the problem exists, it just seems that complaining about the app after the dev has said he is aware of it and working on a replacement provider is not particularly productive.

I also need to cut back on the coffee because I have become way too invested in arguing this topic instead of letting the dev speak for himself.

I apologize if it appears I was singling you out specifically.

Alan

TheDJ

Reaction score
Yeah I agree, its cool they are working on it and we should see a fix soon.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
LevelupStudio tweeted....

Lot of progress made on Beautiful Widgets with the new weather provider. hopefully a release tomorrow, and that is if I get a feed bug fixed.

So here's hoping for a fix on 7/29!

justinevan88

Reaction score
I got the update as well. Comparing it to the weather channel, it seems just right!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

shochman

Reaction score
It all seems to work well. The only thing I don't like, is that you can not set the weather application you want to launch when tapping on the forecast. It now brings up the AccuWeather website. I had it set to Weatherbug before the update.

shochman

Reaction score
A second update just came through and now I can set the Weather application to launch when the forcast is tapped. Now it is perfect!

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
It all seems to work well. The only thing I don't like, is that you can not set the weather application you want to launch when tapping on the forecast. It now brings up the AccuWeather website. I had it set to Weatherbug before the update.

I was able to configure the update just like the previous version. Just click on the weather, when the weather application opens up click the menu button and choose configure. Down towards the bottom you should see where you can select which application opens up...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's not working for me today. Claims it's 86 degrees outside it's actually only 74 degrees.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

I was able to configure the update just like the previous version. Just click on the weather, when the weather application opens up click the menu button and choose configure. Down towards the bottom you should see where you can select which application opens up...

It's not working for me today. Claims it's 86 degrees outside it's actually only 74 degrees.

Lucky you. At the moment I'm getting an N/A in information. When I press the weather, it Force Closes. I can't even get into configure unless I remove the widget and reinstall it. :icon_evil:

UPDATE: It's working now. I had to set the Location manually instead of geolocation. Maybe it's because we live in a valley so our signal isn't that great.

Last edited: