Beautiful Widgets Is Back on the Market (1/5/2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hmm still lost on where it is.

Open the market. Search for " Beautiful" it come sup. Also for everyone there is an update already available allowing for three different fonts too

found it. it has I think been off the market since before I got my droid so I didn't know it was in 'euros' and also it thought it was free. all is well, thanks.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
So I went ahead and bought beautiful widget from the market this morning just to see what's the big hype behind this app. (I already have weather widget donate)
Imo, it sucks WWD is better. Why, because on weather widget donate your able to change skins of both the clock and weather not only that they also have the htc sense flip clock.
That's why im refunding my purchase and keeping WEATHER WIDGET DONATE!

Just an FYI, Beautiful Widgets will have a skinning option pretty soon.

I also find it funny and it shows that we do indeed all have our own personal likes, but I thought Weather Widget was a joke compared to Beautiful Widgets. The weather animations alone in BW are far superior to any other.

Concerning the HTC clock, it has been done to death and I am proud to have a Droid and don't want it to look like the inferior HTC phone :) That clock is way too old school!

I am so happy we now have our own "Droid look" clock instead of being a part of the HTC "herd"! I can see how the new BW Droid clock style may not be liked by all, but I like the seamless look of the new BW Clock with the other clocks (lockscreen, 2.1 DeskClock) on the Droid. Makes it look more built-in and when BW has skinning it will be even better.

Last edited:

vinnard

Reaction score
Just bought it, it seems to load the weather page a ton faster than the old version. I like it :)

vzwmandroid

Reaction score
@928droid
You know what I didn't refund my mula, I kept BW.
WWD not only has that old htc flip clock look, but did i mentioned that it also has whole lotta different skins check out that thread about screen shots and look for my post if you want to see one of the skins checkout my profile to see the screen shots

zerodamage

Reaction score
Just bought it, it seems to load the weather page a ton faster than the old version. I like it :)

Yeah, that was the first thing I noticed. I am not sure I like the new default font as much as I liked the old but I am glad it is back up and available.

This is what the new font looks like:
Home%2B%2B_1262699352761.png

And why do I prefer BW over WWD? The small clock + weather option that takes up only one row instead of 2 rows which the WWD does.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
@928droid
You know what I didn't refund my mula, I kept BW.
WWD not only has that old htc flip clock look, but did i mentioned that it also has whole lotta different skins check out that thread about screen shots and look for my post if you want to see one of the skins checkout my profile to see the screen shots

I agree that the skinning is cool with WWD, but ironically I couldn't find a skin I liked as well as the standard BW look (I use the smaller home version). I also thought the weather animations were inferior to BW, but as usual that is just my opinion.

The thing I didn't like most of all was that WWD always showed up in my "Running Applications", but BW never has. To me that shows me that BW is coded "sleaker" than WWD. Total game changer for me.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was nice seeing the "Update Available" for BW, although it was all screwy went I went to my home screen. Power off and on took care of it. Last time I removed the widget and put it back to set it right.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wish home++ worked better. Than I would have it on my device also.

Reaction score
Hi Everyone I purchaed this app and it is very nice but since I installed it I noticed that the GPS/Satelite Icon remains on at the top of the screen.

Is this normal because I am affraid it will drain the battery quickly. How can I turn it off the GPS?

I am not running any programs that use it.

zerodamage

Reaction score
Hi Everyone I purchaed this app and it is very nice but since I installed it I noticed that the GPS/Satelite Icon remains on at the top of the screen.

Is this normal because I am affraid it will drain the battery quickly. How can I turn it off?

I am not running any programs that use it.

It is probably doing that to get your geoloc for the weather data. Go outside for a few minutes so it will get a signal and update correctly. A reboot of the phone cannot hurt either.

Status
Not open for further replies.