Beautiful Widgets Is Back on the Market (1/5/2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was so pleasantly surprised to awake and see a Beautiful Widgets update in the Market! Got the Droid font now, which is nice.... and it seems that BW screams now! It's much faster loading that before.

And yes... I slept very late :)

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like the new look better than the old flip clock look. The flip was cool for a while but I'm actually glad that HTC decided to act like asses because the new one is SO much nicer.

scottg22

Reaction score
Just bought it, it seems to load the weather page a ton faster than the old version. I like it :)

Yeah, that was the first thing I noticed. I am not sure I like the new default font as much as I liked the old but I am glad it is back up and available.

This is what the new font looks like:
Home%2B%2B_1262699352761.png

And why do I prefer BW over WWD? The small clock + weather option that takes up only one row instead of 2 rows which the WWD does.

I know the botton launcher on your screen is Home ++ but I am a bit nervous to try it with all the complaints of sluggish-ness. I would like to know if anyone knows of a similar widget to have those type of shortcuts on the botton of the home screen.

TIA

Magdroid

Reaction score
Not bashing WWD (I was a fan after the HTC thing hit). But it runs slower, seemed to bog down my phone a bit. The skins were nice, but apparently he is making BW skinable soon. Also, this has everything I need. With the new android font, this thing looks complete now (just wish he would put the weather in the middle). And BTW..it does go so freaking fast with better animations than WWD.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know the botton launcher on your screen is Home ++ but I am a bit nervous to try it with all the complaints of sluggish-ness. I would like to know if anyone knows of a similar widget to have those type of shortcuts on the botton of the home screen.

TIA
I know GDE has two shortcuts on the bottom, not sure if any other home replacements do.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just bought it, it seems to load the weather page a ton faster than the old version. I like it :)

Yeah, that was the first thing I noticed. I am not sure I like the new default font as much as I liked the old but I am glad it is back up and available.

This is what the new font looks like:
Home%2B%2B_1262699352761.png

And why do I prefer BW over WWD? The small clock + weather option that takes up only one row instead of 2 rows which the WWD does.

TIA

Install it and see for yourself. Uninstalling is very easy, so there's no excuse for you not to try it out since you're interested.

mark1wat

Reaction score
Great!! big fan on the new look. Best widget on the market as far as I am concerned!!

Just a couple of little things...this is not a complaint at all. I just thought if changes were still being made to the look it would be "cool" if the frost in the corners for cold/snowy days could come back. And bigger clouds on cloudy days...lol.

victorythagr8

Reaction score
@928droid
You know what I didn't refund my mula, I kept BW.
WWD not only has that old htc flip clock look, but did i mentioned that it also has whole lotta different skins check out that thread about screen shots and look for my post if you want to see one of the skins checkout my profile to see the screen shots

WWD also has a major clock syncing problem somthing BW doesnt have. And add that the weather animation is far superior to WWD.

RedBull

Reaction score
Love the new look. But the widgets for Wifi, Vibrate, etc don't seem to like working with PandaHome. Not sure who would help with that...Panda or LevelUp...but I love the look and the animations.

I did have WWD, but got tired of it always asking me for my location.

LastBoyScout

Reaction score
Love the new look. But the widgets for Wifi, Vibrate, etc don't seem to like working with PandaHome. Not sure who would help with that...Panda or LevelUp...but I love the look and the animations.

I did have WWD, but got tired of it always asking me for my location.

Its a panda home issue. Works fine on other home apps

QiG

Reaction score
I really liked BW over WWD, but went with WWD because it has a 1x2 widget with just the weather that I really like since I feel a second clock on the home screen is redundant. If he updates it to have a 1x2 or even a 1x3 widget, I'm going to switch over. I agree the animations are definitely better with BW.

vabeach1

Reaction score
Hmmm...Have Home++ installed and just downloaded BW. After download home screen is exactly the same as it was before the download. The installed message was received and I installed all the icons. What am I doing wrong. Thanks for your help.:huh

Status
Not open for further replies.