Battery Suddenly Losing Charge Very Quickly

DroidMaxximus

Reaction score
Hey all. Thanks in advance for any insight into this problem.

I bought the new Motorola Droid Maxx last October, and as many of you know, one of the huge selling points on this phone was the insanely long battery life averaging 48 hours per full charge. I fully charge my Maxx every night regardless, since some days I use it more than others and prefer the full battery life to start out with. But in the past 3 weeks, the charge has not been holding at all. I'm having to charge it every night, not out of choice anymore, but because the battery is depleted.

I used to be able to play mp3's all day, YouTube videos, texting, calling, etc. and I'd still end up with around 50% battery life at the end of the day. But not anymore. I realize that over time, batteries lose their ability to maintain a charge, but this phone was bought brand new, and only 6 months ago, so I think it's reasonable to expect the charge to still retain at least 40% by the end of the day at this stage.

Besides replacing the battery, does anyone know why this might be occurring? I used BitDefender, Clueful, and PowerTune (all by BitDefender) to try and isolate any background data that was running, but there just wasn't anything there. At least that I could see. Anyone know of any reliable, safe task killers out there? Or have any idea why this might be occurring? For $700, i expect this phone to perform a bit better than it is, bettery-wise. Thank you in advance!

VoiceGuy

Reaction score
Task killers aren't needed. I'd use Gsam Battery Monitor and Better Battery Stats to see what could be causing the drain. Did you install any new apps right before this started happening?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
+1 to what every VoiceGuy said.

You seem to be having a an app or a few that seem to be using up your battery. Also are you in an area of a weak signal, especially data? Or do you frequent them?

A battery monitor app should help you weed out the culprit/s.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Delete all if the apps you don't "need on a daily basis" see if that helps.. Gsam is a good way to find out what's eating your battery..