Just got my droid, quick battery question

MurfyWAT

Reaction score
Hey all, sorry if this has been asked before (which I'm sure it has), but I just got my droid and charged it to full as soon as I took it out of the box. I messed around with it the first day and recharged it to full once it hit 10 percent, but from what i've been reading, some swear that by draining it completely and charging it back up, you can increase the battery life severely.

Now, I have also read that this is all just a myth, but regardless I am attempting to drain my battery to do that. I currently have an app that wont make the screen go to sleep, and I have Latitude running. Is there anything else I could do to make the droid drain faster so I can "condition" the battery? Or is what i'm attempting to do just a waste of time and the battery life won't change at all, regardless of how I charge it?

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
Hey all, sorry if this has been asked before (which I'm sure it has), but I just got my droid and charged it to full as soon as I took it out of the box. I messed around with it the first day and recharged it to full once it hit 10 percent, but from what i've been reading, some swear that by draining it completely and charging it back up, you can increase the battery life severely.

Now, I have also read that this is all just a myth, but regardless I am attempting to drain my battery to do that. I currently have an app that wont make the screen go to sleep, and I have Latitude running. Is there anything else I could do to make the droid drain faster so I can "condition" the battery? Or is what i'm attempting to do just a waste of time and the battery life won't change at all, regardless of how I charge it?

My understanding is that with the type of battery in the Droid, it's of no benefit at all to drain the battery completely before recharging.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
No need to condition it....charge it and start Droiding....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

What some swear to was true at one time. However the battery that comes with most modern day equipment, including the droid, doesn't have a "memory" like the old batteries did therefore you don't and shouldn't run it down completely.

Charge it when it's at 20 to 40% is what is recommended. I have seen some people say that every few weeks you should run that battery completely down but I have not found this effective at all.

Hope this helps.

OP
M

MurfyWAT

Reaction score
Alright sweet :) thanks alot lol, that just cleared up a lot for me.