Battery issues with Droid 2?

tbone360elite

Reaction score
i know the Droid 2 is supposed to be weak with battery life, but there has to be something i can do so it doesn't lose charge so quickly.

i unplug it at 5am when i go to work. i leave the display off (phone on) all day. by 2pm it is almost completely depleted when i haven't even used the phone at all.

just 9 hours with little to no use for it to lose charge?

when i go to battery option it says the display is using around 33%. phone idle is second most use. the wallpaper is static and screen is never on, except on and off real quick to check msgs.

is there something i can do so it isn't completely done before i get home?

thanks.

rage813

Reaction score
Turn off background data sync, gps, wifi and bluetooth

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
T

tbone360elite

Reaction score
Turn off background data sync, gps, wifi and bluetooth

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App
what exactly is background data sync? i don't want to have to manually sync to get new e-mails or texts. i like that they come up auto.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
i know the Droid 2 is supposed to be weak with battery life, but there has to be something i can do so it doesn't lose charge so quickly.

i unplug it at 5am when i go to work. i leave the display off (phone on) all day. by 2pm it is almost completely depleted when i haven't even used the phone at all. ...
Something is wrong. I never turned off background stuff. I unplug mine around 5 a.m. as well, and by 9 p.m., it is reading about 50% or 60% and the tough decision is to charge it again or will I make it through the next day without a charge. Several phone calls, several texts, some email, some Internet, once in a while a map, weather, check the app market, etc. No streaming. Light user, but plenty of battery left at the end of the day.
If you're doing all the right things, Original Charger, screen on time set to minimum, 100% battery when you take it off the charger, not in a weak signal area most of the day, perhaps an investment in an OEM battery would be worthwhile.
BTW, if you are in a weak signal area, say in your office, the phone is putting out more power constantly communicating with the towers. That will wear your battery down prematurely.

OP
T

tbone360elite

Reaction score

i unplug it at 5am when i go to work. i leave the display off (phone on) all day. by 2pm it is almost completely depleted when i haven't even used the phone at all. ...
Something is wrong. I never turned off background stuff. I unplug mine around 5 a.m. as well, and by 9 p.m., it is reading about 50% or 60% and the tough decision is to charge it again or will I make it through the next day without a charge. Several phone calls, several texts, some email, some Internet, once in a while a map, weather, check the app market, etc. No streaming. Light user, but plenty of battery left at the end of the day.
If you're doing all the right things, Original Charger, screen on time set to minimum, 100% battery when you take it off the charger, not in a weak signal area most of the day, perhaps an investment in an OEM battery would be worthwhile.
BTW, if you are in a weak signal area, say in your office, the phone is putting out more power constantly communicating with the towers. That will wear your battery down prematurely.
actually, i am in a weak signal area most of the day, enclosed mini-theater at school that hardly picks up a signal at all. is that the crux of the problem? what is an OEM battery and where do i get one?