Battery Span.

droidemere

Reaction score
I'm curious to know what is the average span of everyone's battery?
I'm running UD 2.1 and using Chevy's LV 1.0 kernel. My battery seems to run down quick..I have the scaling governor set to Conservative.. Does anyone have any tips on how to make the battery last longer?

Thanks in advance.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I RUN Slayher 1000Mhx kernel version 1.6. I use and abuse my phone and tha battery lasts about 2 days. No one believes me but, it is the truth.

neoj2

Reaction score
I RUN Slayher 1000Mhx kernel version 1.6. I use and abuse my phone and tha battery lasts about 2 days. No one believes me but, it is the truth.
WOW id sure love to know what features your running/not running. I am running same kernel with no theme. (cmon twitd blue). Do ya use any memory booster and what takes most of your batt use. if i dont use my phone at all, all day, it prob be 20% at 8pm that day.

illmatic636

Reaction score

X.. Goog looking out with the Chrome theme. You and Thebowers have gotten me back to UD.

Now, do you use setcpu/w that 1k kernel from Slayer?

jcarmicha

Reaction score
I'm just using stock and receiving awesome battery life.
I'll use and abuse it all day and have about 30% battery the following morning. (Now obviously it dies quickly the following day.. but a solid day is awesome.)

illmatic636

Reaction score
I'm just using stock and receiving awesome battery life.
I'll use and abuse it all day and have about 30% battery the following morning. (Now obviously it dies quickly the following day.. but a solid day is awesome.)

abused use..... I have to agree. You know what really drains it the most, Flashing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slowjoe

Reaction score
I'm curious to know what is the average span of everyone's battery?
I'm running UD 2.1 and using Chevy's LV 1.0 kernel. My battery seems to run down quick..I have the scaling governor set to Conservative.. Does anyone have any tips on how to make the battery last longer?

Thanks in advance.

Give this a try although I don't know what it really does but its worked for 2 droid 1's so far. Put your charger on the phone (house one) let it charge all the way to 100% leave it for about 5 minutes more after. Then after the 5 minutes leave the charger in and pull your battery out. Your phone should shut down and then restart, put your battery back in after the restart. After you put your battery in it should jump to 60% and just leave the charger in until it reaches 100%. This has fixed the battery problems iv'e been having with it only lasting a halfday only running a stock ROM. What I was seeing is full charge in like 30 minutes before i tried this, it was taking 30 minutes after the battery pull to reach 100% and now my battery is lasting all day.

******Warning I am not responsible for your phone!***

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OK, on a typical non flashing day here's what do.. 2 hours total of bluetooth music (to and from work). 45 minutes worth of games (Angry Birds, Spades, Poker,etc..) ABout an hour of talking. 20 minutes of random market browsing and about 30 minutes if the internet.

So far today I have used the BT for an hour, surfed the web for about 30 mintes, talked for almost an hour, downloaded a couple apps from the market and sent about 10 text's. I took the phone off the charger at 6:15am and I have 80% battery left.

I don't do anything special, I just have a good battery I guess. I run Juice Defender, I use UD's stock governer and it's set too 1000max 250min ondemand. Slayher 1.6 1000Mhz kernel. And, due to UD, my screen is never very bright. Bright enough to see just, not maxed out. The screen turns off after 10 seconds of non use too.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OK, on a typical non flashing day here's what do.. 2 hours total of bluetooth music (to and from work). 45 minutes worth of games (Angry Birds, Spades, Poker,etc..) ABout an hour of talking. 20 minutes of random market browsing and about 30 minutes if the internet.

So far today I have used the BT for an hour, surfed the web for about 30 mintes, talked for almost an hour, downloaded a couple apps from the market and sent about 10 text's. I took the phone off the charger at 6:15am and I have 80% battery left.

I don't do anything special, I just have a good battery I guess. I run Juice Defender, I use UD's stock governer and it's set too 1000max 250min ondemand. Slayher 1.6 1000Mhz kernel. And, due to UD, my screen is never very bright. Bright enough to see just, not maxed out. The screen turns off after 10 seconds of non use too.

Another vote for 2.1 and the Slayher 1.6 1000Mhz kernel. I too use the built in governor. I uninstalled SetCpu. My battery life is great.

The_Other_Ray

Reaction score
I would highly recommend getting an extended battery. Why worry about how little you can use your phone in order to preserve your battery or messing around with tweaks trying to squeeze out every ounce of it that doesn't really give you much anyways.

I have the D1 and got the D2 extended battery and it lasts me all day of making calls, texts, emails, web and games. At the end of the night, I have to purposefully try to drain the remaining 30% so that I can start charging from dead.

Sure the battery (BP7X) costs about $50 (or cheaper depending on where you get it from) but it's a well worth investment. Especially if you aren't planning on getting rid of your phone anytime soon.

I'm not belittling anybody who likes to tweak their phone to get every last drop of battery juice, but for me, it was just easier to get a bigger battery and not have to worry.

tommyk2005

Reaction score
I on the other hand have 2 stock batteries. always keep 1 fully charged and 1 in my fone charging while using it (if possible)

smtom

Reaction score
On my Incredible I keep BT, GPS & wifi on all day, brightness 100%. I get about 9.5 hours out of my 2150 extended battery - stock kernel, no OC or SETCPU.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App