Battery life?

gportnoy

Reaction score
So if you have Wi/Fi toggled on, and you walk into your house where you have Wi/Fi, does it automatically start using that and stop using 3g and save battery life that way?
Thanks.
That was my impression too, that the phone would prefer to us WiFi over cellular data when WiFi was present. I didn't think there was a need to set Cellular Data to off if you are on WiFi, but after reading some posts above, i am beginning to doubt that.

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
I leave my wifi on and when I get in range of a wifi signal that I saved it connects automatically. I stream music about one hour a day text and email frequently and surf the Web. I don't use smart actions and get 10 plus hours on my battery. It's much better than I expected.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Agrajag

Reaction score
For what it's worth I use an app called Actions Pro that's a lot like Tasker but MUCH easier to use. It blows Smart Actions away on features and what I do is have a few different profiles that are both direct and inverse (which you can't do with Smart Actions). For example, I can a profile for what to do when I'm NOT connected to my Wifi and when NOT connected to power.

When I'm home the phone is docked so I'll leave 4G on. As soon as its off the dock I make sure it goes to Wifi only and now I'm getting a full day of battery and access when I need it. I loved Smart Actions and that was the first step to save some battery.

I also make sure I run other things like a Night action that during night time it turns off auto brightness, sets the brightness to 9%, etc. All of these combined make for a pretty useful phone again. The big concern is what happens when the battery itself starts to degrade in a year.

T

TheAlpha

How much was that app?

Agrajag

Reaction score
I think I paid $4 but given that Tasker was $6 and I couldn't make heads or tails of it I found the $4 a non-issue. There's a fully functional demo on the market as well.

J
ust so you know, I'm not related to the app. Just a happy user who is really impressed with the support and response from the developer.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
A little food for thought on battery life in general: over my vacation I used my phone very lightly. check email once or twice a day and one or two phone calls a day at most. It ran 2 days 6 hours before it finally let go, and I had to plug it in.

caspruction

Reaction score
Is a Razr for me?

Hey everyone. I'm trying to decide on a new phone and am stuck where I began debating between a razr, a rezound, and a galaxy nexus. I like the durability of the razr though I am concerned about the battery life of the phone. At work, I rarely have access to a charger and being a moderate phone user, i.e. text, web, and phone, I'm not sure if the razr is a good choice for me. Any advice would be great!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
All things being equal, no bad phone or battery, I feel the RAZR will have the best battery life of all 3. This is based on battery tests I've seen at different sites, users who compared at least the RAZR and G Nex. The Rezound is an unknown right now. The Rezound and G Nex do have the advantage of having extended batteries for it.

So either way, for battery life it might not matter what you get.

Last edited:

neverexisted

Reaction score
View attachment 45314

Hey all,

just want to share my battery experience with Razr. With average use (factor in: calls and sms, some games, some motocast streams, music playing, bluetooth transfers, e-book reading and web browsing at 50% Display Brightness) mine lasted for 1day and 3 hours (please see screenshot) and actually have 20% charge left. I'm assuming that it would last me at least an hour or two so probably 27-30 hours of total usage. I'm quite happy with the results :happy3:

Last edited:

drassald

Reaction score
Once I started turning the radios off with smart actions, I went from about 6 hours per charge to14 hours. Amazing what a difference that makes.

BlueShadow

Reaction score
Once I started turning the radios off with smart actions, I went from about 6 hours per charge to14 hours. Amazing what a difference that makes.

Can you give us an example of how to do this?
Thanks

dalex299

Reaction score
I was also having the battery issue, I was only getting 4-5 hours. I have set up several smart actions tiggers, now I'm going 14-18 hours. I only turn on 4G when I need it. Smart Actions ROCK!