Droid Razrmaxx

Droid_Ritch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
I find it a bit ridiculous that Motorola is possibly already developing a new phone as a response to many people complaining about the battery life. If you recently purchased a Razr and returned it because of wining about battery life...I feel sorry for you...when first using a phone your obviously likely to use it abnormally causing it to drain faster.....doing the right charging cycles to strengthen battery life is worth it....as powerful as this phone is for being as thin as it is every time I charge it the the battery life becomes stronger. I get about a full 2 days on a full charge (48 hrs).....that's good for a smartphone...but then again the complainers are probably the people that have a dozen Widgets, a giant amount of applications signed in all of the time, both their wifi and data on all of the time, and GPS settings on for no reason.....these people don't deserve the device anyway.....people just love to wine....sad

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:

RecklessFable

Reaction score
If that was how it worked, all they'd have to do is run the phones through a break-in from the factory, eh?

As for the Maxx, where did you get the info that this was the reason for it?

OP
Droid_Ritch

Droid_Ritch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
I'm seeing leaked articles all over Google with the main reason being the battery complaints.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I would take that rumor with a grain of salt at this time. As far as I'm concerned, if it turns out true I honestly do not care. I'm very happy with the RAZR. It's a solid and stellar running handset. No new phone envy here :)

RecklessFable

Reaction score
The first leak involved an even higher resolution screen, which would compete with the Rezound. Some rumors form from the 4.5" version in China. Looks more like an incremental upgrade except maybe even more than the Bionic->Razr.

Granted, the original source of the rumor is some forum guy saying a Verizon employee told him so. Taking this with a very fine grain of salt.

RecklessFable

Reaction score
I would take that rumor with a grain of salt at this time. As far as I'm concerned, if it turns out true I honestly do not care. I'm very happy with the RAZR. It's a solid and stellar running handset. No new phone envy here :)

Yeah, I'd still love my OG Droid if the OS updates didn't slow it down so much. I'll probably love whichever one I get next until whatever comes after Ice Cream Sandwich makes it feel like a pig.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Yeah, I'd still love my OG Droid if the OS updates didn't slow it down so much. I'll probably love whichever one I get next until whatever comes after Ice Cream Sandwich makes it feel like a pig.
Once ICS drops on the RAZR it will be a nice refresh. Something to look forward to. I think the RAZR will have some good longevity in the market. Sort of like the EVO. The phone has been a solid performer for some time. I think you will see that with the RAZR

RecklessFable

Reaction score
In 20 months the battery will be horribly worn out. I wonder what they will charge to replace them... or will that be how they force end-of-life...

edit: I realized that seemed angry. I'm not really. I've accepted that phones are designed to last until you are up for renewal and be crawling along pathetically to make you want to upgrade. There is no way that will be different with the Razr.

The trick is grabbing the new shiny early enough so you are happy for a little while longer. That is the reason I'd not even get the Incredible 2 right now, even though my wife has one and it does everything well with no lag, even streaming 3g videos in high quality. It will only be barely satisfactory this time next year...

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Ive owned the OG Droid for 2 years and was on the same battery. I'm not worried about the battery being worn out in that time.

wyld

Reaction score
My Razr is working great. No major battery issues here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

bullswife98

Reaction score
Ive owned the OG Droid for 2 years and was on the same battery. I'm not worried about the battery being worn out in that time.
+1 here as well, still using the same one on my droid1, no issues at all soon my daughter will get my droid1 and by this time tomorrow I'll be posting from my Razr. Woot, Woot! :)

SENT FROM MY DROID1 (SOON TO BE DROID RAZR)

Reaction score
Let them come out with "maxxx." I'm happy I got my razr for a penny (not rubbing it in).

Sent from my iPhone (soon to be RAZR) using Tapatalk

OP
Droid_Ritch

Droid_Ritch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
Yea the complainers and Razr haters are annoying. I've been nothing but pleased with my Razr. Great device.

dinzle3490

Reaction score
It is not frustrating to me that this device is being developed but the fact that this device already exists in china and came out the same time as the razr. the chinese varient has a 13mp camera 4.5 inch 720p display and a bigger battery.

bullswife98

Reaction score

+1. Nuf said.

Sent from my DROID RAZR