Battery improved

Rotech72

Reaction score
Seems like with the new update...my battery has improved dramatically...I'm at 1 day and 5 hrs... At 30%..with regular usage..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

MrTommy

Reaction score
...my battery has improved dramatically...I'm at 1 day and 5 hrs... At 30%..with regular usage..

My guess is, "regular usage" means not surfing the web all day, or streaming movies, or playing games for hours on end (like some do). My 'vintage' Moto I lasts all day too, and then some, if I only make phone calls (GASP!), check the weather and road conditions periodically (I"m a truck driver), and send/receive text messages all day.

I can't WAIT to upgrade to the RAZR after the first of the year.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I love my OG droid. But now after having the RAZR for a few weeks I look at it and wonder how the heck I ever got by with it. lol
My guess is, "regular usage" means not surfing the web all day, or streaming movies, or playing games for hours on end (like some do). My 'vintage' Moto I lasts all day too, and then some, if I only make phone calls (GASP!), check the weather and road conditions periodically (I"m a truck driver), and send/receive text messages all day.

I can't WAIT to upgrade to the RAZR after the first of the year.

keeseckb

Reaction score
Battery life seems much better for me too. I also switched to a black live wallpaper which is also helping since it's a AMOLED display...

I"m at 30% after 22hrs, I also don't live in a 4G area so I'm on 3G only...

OP
R

Rotech72

Reaction score
At 20%...no games, no streaming, not using 4G as much, smart action on....just Web surfing, texting, phone calls & Facebook..all is good..just waiting for some ice cream

dbam987

Reaction score
Likewise, the battery seems to last longer after the update. RAZR FTW.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

todroid

Reaction score
I agree. Even though the battery life was not listed in the bugs fixed, it does seem better. I wonder if it's due to connectivity improvements.

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
Mine seems better too. I can usually get about 18 hours on 4G now. 3G is about 24 hours, and that's moderate use (calls, web, txt).

kyfa25

Reaction score
Can someone clue me in.... uve had mine for abut 4 days and i get about 6hrs at best.. i did remove the 4g about 20min ago... so im assuming that will help.. but i really dont get how ppl are getting 12 + hrs off this thing

jst4fun

Reaction score
Can someone clue me in.... uve had mine for abut 4 days and i get about 6hrs at best.. i did remove the 4g about 20min ago... so im assuming that will help.. but i really dont get how ppl are getting 12 + hrs off this thing

The battery will get better with each day. This is the first phone I have ever had and I have had smart phones since the Treo 600 that the battery life was so bad at first, then with each day it gets better and better. I still don't get great battery life with mine. I can go about 8 hours of moderate use before having to charge again and I have had mine about 2 1/2 weeks, but I am not going to go to the point that a lot of these folks go to.
I mean I bought a Smart Phone and I want to use it as a Smart Phone. Now of course I don't use bluetooth unless I am using it, I don't use wifi unless I am using it but most of the other things I leave on because it is a SMART PHONE.
I charge it every night when I go to bed and pull it off the next morning when I go to work.
All in all the battery for this phone is not great but it's not bad either. We use our phones for 20 times more of what we used phones far back in the day but on the other hand you would think with all of the technology that is out there in today's world that we could make a better cell phone battery to go along with the technology we are putting into the phones.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

Either by being in a real good LTE area, using 3G only /alot or using Wifi alot. Or using it less than moderately. Or using Smart Actions for battery savings. Think I covered all the ways it can happen...lol. If I mix my use with 3G, 4G disable data use/Airplane Mode I can get 12+ hours.

At home Wifi only I can get alot over 12+ hours. I can get 1 and a 1/2 to 2 days. Thats very lil phone use for calls and lil phone use overall. Me being in a bad reception area, my battery life will always suffer. I need a network extender to batter judge battery life.

Last edited:

gan1hck

Reaction score
droid 2 vs razr

any previous owners of the droid 2 here?

how does the razr battery life compare with droid 2 with 4G turned off?

I would hate to upgrade to the razr, then wish I had kept my droid 2.

thanks in advance.

kyfa25

Reaction score
Today will be my first day of 3g only.. so i will give you a first hand unbiased view when i go through today's battery later on .. unless others have info now..

gan1hck

Reaction score
Thanks!

Today will be my first day of 3g only.. so i will give you a first hand unbiased view when i go through today's battery later on .. unless others have info now..