Battery life issue! 50% after 3 hrs!

papaytl

Reaction score
I have no clue what the deal is but my display is 39% and android OS is at 38%..

I have rebooted and when I installed the rom i did clear data and cache.
I have also tried to clear battery stats.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to fix this!?

Thanks!

O ya I also have it undervolted..

Inkarnit

Reaction score
I have no clue what the deal is but my display is 39% and android OS is at 38%..

I have rebooted and when I installed the rom i did clear data and cache.
I have also tried to clear battery stats.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to fix this!?

Thanks!

O ya I also have it undervolted..

Did you clear battery stats while the battery was at full after an overnight charge? If not, you could have told your battery that its "max" was at whatever level you wiped stats at, which it sounds like might have been 60 or 70%.

OP
P

papaytl

Reaction score
Yeah I wiped them on a 100% charge :/

Im actually using your clock settings with 300/19, 450/26, 800/42, 1100/58

OP
P

papaytl

Reaction score
Please anyone have more ideas!?

Im now down to 30% and I cant find which apps seem to be draining the cpu..

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Don't know where it is in Liberty, but find Device Info. It will show you the top battery draining apps/services.

Also, check in Spare Parts Battery Information. That will tell you the mV reading of the battery. Normal (approximate numbers) 4180 = 100% and 3500 = <5%.

Spare parts has other battery information about history and usage that may help. Your problem may be with the battery meter and not with the battery.

Good luck.

xliderider

Reaction score
Did you go into Clockwork Mod Recovery, Advanced, Wipe Battery Stats, then Wipe Dalvik Cache? That's the process I used and get pretty good battery life for my heavy browser use.

spicoli1980

Reaction score
Just to put this out there, I am running Project Elite and I unplugged my phone at 545am today and at 1230pm I am at 5%. I have sent and received maybe 10 texts and that us all seeing as I at work. Something fishy is going on I think.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

UNC

Reaction score
3hrs and at 50%? If you used it a lot, that's not bad. Sadly...

Also, what are you clocked at? Un-needed speed wastes lots of battery!!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Sweettreat

Reaction score
Are you running the yahoo mail app? What widgets? What's your email fetch schedule? Etc etc,, these are all big items when talking about batt life. Personally I found that the yahoo app was draining my batt so I removed it. It sucks anyway.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would try not having your phone OC'd for a while. And, no, even after heavy use shouldn't be at 50%.

Example...this just turned 90% after 2 hours and barely setting my phone down. Different ROM, but I know Liberty doesn't drain battery that quickly. And I never OC, don't believe its needed.
aefd4358-3cf7-7997.jpg

And yes, this was a couple days ago. Explains the time :)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

OP
P

papaytl

Reaction score
Well I guess I can try again to give it a full charge and wipe the battery stats and clear the Dalvik.

I can also set it back to stock clock settings, but even when i have it overclocked it is still under-volted, so shouldn't it use less power regardless?

3hrs and at 50%? If you used it a lot, that's not bad. Sadly...

I barely used it, maybe a couple texts and emails.

Im just using corporate email, and trying all kinds of settings such as 30 min interval to data push.

The service thats draining it just says "Android OS"

z06mike

Reaction score
After you install a ROM, you need to give it time to "settle" and also "retrain" the battery.

The best way I have found to do this is: after you install the ROM, let the phone die COMPLETELY, then charge it back up 100% (charging overnight if possible). After doing this you will see your battery life start to stabilize. :)