Liberty 1.5 Battery Life?

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM DX' started by Lex_Luthor, Feb 10, 2011.

1. nerdslogic

nerdslogic Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I don't use airplane mode....ever.....not even on plane...I just turn my phone off at that point.....in addition I am only on WiFi when I am at work or home. Outside of that it's 3g and me....as you can tell from my screenshots. I wasn't on wifi then either.

Is there anywhere that shows you when the last time you used airplane mode was?

I will say I noticed a HUGE difference in battery life as soon as I moved away from Droid 2 Overclock. With D2O I was at 50% within a couple hours off charger....like 2. It did get better when I switched to Liberty....but going to Quickclock I think made the biggest difference.

2. HUFFDROID

HUFFDROID Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ever since switching to liberty my battery life has greatly improved.

Sent from my DROIDX

3. JWellington

JWellington Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I second this.

Swyped from my Droid X.

4. Jaxidian

Jaxidian Team FreeMyMoto
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Did you train Android on your battery? Typical process for doing this (may be required anytime you flash a ROM or wipe battery stats):
    1. Wipe battery stats
    2. Fully drain your phone
    3. Turn phone back on until it trains again (hopefully just a minute or two)
    4. Fully charge your phone while it's turned off
    5. Once it's charged to 100%, give it one more hour of charging.
    6. Use your phone like normal until it dies (do NOT charge it in any way during this step!)
    7. Once it died from the previous step, charge it back up (fully or partially) and use it like normal - it should be properly trained when you turn it back on during this step

First of all, you are NOT calibrating your lithium ion battery when doing this - you are calibrating Android so it knows what to expect from your battery. This is an Android technique/algorithm - not a battery technology process. Secondly, this is sometimes necessary any time you flash a ROM, install a theme, change kernel settings, swap batteries, wipe battery stats, and probably in some other scenarios too. You may not ALWAYS have to do this (depends on what you flash from/to) but you should always do this just for good measure. If you REALLY want to be lazy and avoid this, then make sure your battery is always fully-charged anytime before you flash/restore/etc. and wipe battery stats when done - that is the best you can do while avoiding this work.

5. Jaxidian

Jaxidian Team FreeMyMoto
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    I third this.

6. JWellington

JWellington Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Wow that was an excellent and informative post! Two thumbs up. Excellently described. I'm not too bothered with this, myself, though.

Swyped from my Droid X.

7. mbarry55

mbarry55 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I turned the ad blocker off, no other tweaks, battery was at 50% when I went to bed last night, woke up and it was turned off, completely dead.

8. dxgeek35

dxgeek35 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    The battery life was really bad on 1.5 so hopefully therd be a fix on 2.0 but till then im gonna try Lexington Lite!! And so far it has amazing battery life! 16 hours of heavy use and still 40-50% battery left!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

9. Lex_Luthor

Lex_Luthor Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well these tweaks did fix part of my battery issues but i think the facebook app is a total battery hog when it refreshes or because of the damn chat feature on it now. After four hours of no use at all, it brings my phone down to 60 or 70 percent battery life left. Im going to try without it and see if my theory is right. You all proly know that already but i dont/didnt.

10. zenman77

zenman77 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed:

After having my battery draining like crazy all of a sudden I realized that an update with facebook was the cause and turned off notifications. Once that was done, battery life was back to normal again...........

11. JWellington

JWellington Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Well, I don't use facebook. Perhaps that is a reason that I don't experience the poor battery life. It would be reported to facebook.

Swyped from my Droid X.

12. validoption

validoption Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Weird. I use FB and use Spare Parts to detail battery use and it's practically nil...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk