Battery Life

alitke

Reaction score
I have seen/heard a lot of guys saying how well the battery does on this rom but since flashing I have been getting 10 hours max with SetCpu taking the phone to 3500/3500 when screen off. My biggest battery usage is 'Android OS'.

For example, if I go to bed and sleep 8 hours my battery is down to 70% usually.

For today my battery is currently at 23% with the following stats, (I have been on WiFi entire day)
Android OS - 39%
Screen 33%
Phone Idle 8%
Cell Standby 7%
Android System 3%
Voice Calls 3%
Google+ 2%

Just wondering if that is good or not. Sounds like many are getting far better than mine currently.

Is this normal for everyone else also?

RacingManiac

Reaction score
Depends on how much you use it I guess. Today I have the phone pretty much just sit on standby, unplugged from the charger from ~11am(slept in, lol), and now the battery is still 80%(midnight). But I literally did not use the phone aside from getting 1 call and checked my email notification a few times. It is on Wifi the whole day. My phone also uses the extended battery.

On a normal work day, unplugged at 7:30-8am ish to when I plug in again before bed(1-2am), I usually will still have 30-40% left, but I also have WIfi at work....

OP
A

alitke

Reaction score
Wow. So I am definitely not getting your guys kind of stats.

For instance just last night I charged the phone to 100% then unplugged and went to bed. When I woke up 8 hours later I was already down to 71%.

I barely used the phone yesterday and had the stats in the original post. I really do mean barely too. I was playing with my son the majority of the day and completely ignoring the phone and yet it was almost dead in no time.

RacingManiac

Reaction score
How is the reception in your area? Bad reception will drain battery as well...

OP
A

alitke

Reaction score
I full service. LTE is turned off. WiFi is on.

RacingManiac

Reaction score
Screenshot_2012-01-10-21-16-09.png

I purposely didn't charge it last night, I'd say the usage is pretty typical for a work day. Plug it in for a couple of minutes to push AR HD 2.1.3 to phone and flashed it(the big drop near the end).

I really don't need the battery life to be longer, and this is comparable to my Droid running a custom ROM...