Battery Life

Discussion in 'Galaxy Nexus ROMS' started by alitke, Jan 8, 2012.

1. alitke

alitke Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen/heard a lot of guys saying how well the battery does on this rom but since flashing I have been getting 10 hours max with SetCpu taking the phone to 3500/3500 when screen off. My biggest battery usage is 'Android OS'.

For example, if I go to bed and sleep 8 hours my battery is down to 70% usually.

For today my battery is currently at 23% with the following stats, (I have been on WiFi entire day)
    Android OS - 39%
    Screen 33%
    Phone Idle 8%
    Cell Standby 7%
    Android System 3%
    Voice Calls 3%
    Google+ 2%

Just wondering if that is good or not. Sounds like many are getting far better than mine currently.

Is this normal for everyone else also?

2. RacingManiac

RacingManiac Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Depends on how much you use it I guess. Today I have the phone pretty much just sit on standby, unplugged from the charger from ~11am(slept in, lol), and now the battery is still 80%(midnight). But I literally did not use the phone aside from getting 1 call and checked my email notification a few times. It is on Wifi the whole day. My phone also uses the extended battery.

On a normal work day, unplugged at 7:30-8am ish to when I plug in again before bed(1-2am), I usually will still have 30-40% left, but I also have WIfi at work....

3. mrmattch3w

mrmattch3w Member

Ratings:
    +0
    +1 to ^^ I went 20 hours of moderate use and still had 35% to spare

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

4. alitke

alitke Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow. So I am definitely not getting your guys kind of stats.

For instance just last night I charged the phone to 100% then unplugged and went to bed. When I woke up 8 hours later I was already down to 71%.

I barely used the phone yesterday and had the stats in the original post. I really do mean barely too. I was playing with my son the majority of the day and completely ignoring the phone and yet it was almost dead in no time.

5. RacingManiac

RacingManiac Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How is the reception in your area? Bad reception will drain battery as well...

6. alitke

alitke Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I full service. LTE is turned off. WiFi is on.

7. RacingManiac

RacingManiac Member

Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG]
    I purposely didn't charge it last night, I'd say the usage is pretty typical for a work day. Plug it in for a couple of minutes to push AR HD 2.1.3 to phone and flashed it(the big drop near the end).

I really don't need the battery life to be longer, and this is comparable to my Droid running a custom ROM...