Battery Life Is Horrible!

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Posted several times in the past, but for the record, amazon.com has OEM batteries for the Droid for between $10-$15, sometimes less. They also sell little standalone chargers for about $15. So for about $30 and following the recommendations regarding battery use, the problem goes away.

At the moment, they're selling batteries for $6.26.

Amazon.com: Motorola DROID 1300mah Standard Battery: Cell Phones & Service

Bought two of these and the charger today with 1-3 days shipping and it was around $44. Not bad when Verizon wanted $40 for a replacement. Only bought these though b/c my old battery died and I needed a replacement, not because I was having bad battery problems.

OP
L

Landlord1

Reaction score
ok, my wifi was not enabled. And I bought an extra battery. for $6
What is this "rooting" everyone is talking about?

hogowner

Reaction score
ok, my wifi was not enabled. And I bought an extra battery. for $6
What is this "rooting" everyone is talking about?

In simple terms "rooting" makes you the administrator for your phone...you are able to "hack" into it......

do a search on rooting....go to the top of the page..click on search....type in rooting...and you will get alot of info...you can also do a serach on youtube...

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love my new Droid, but the battery life is awful! I have been using it alot lately just trying to figure things out, but I'm charging this thing twice a day! Is there a better battery I can buy for it, or something?
It's partially the new toy effect. Check your battery info screen to see what it says is using up your battery. Tackle the big battery hogs first. There are a lot of threads on battery life and there's no one-size-fits-all solution since your particular usage may be very different from another's.