Lithium-Ion BATTERY LIES!!!???

rogerthat227

Reaction score
Ok so i got my first smartphone (RAZR) two weeks ago and have been loving it. One of my main concerns has been to optimize battery life. Now, extremely large numbers of people have been saying that proper phone care is to condition your new battery (drain it completely, followed by charging it completely). Now i did this twice thinking it was the best thing for my phone to supposedly "learn its full cycle". Turns out these batteries supposedly can't learn or remember ****! All of a sudden a saw a post saying that proper battery care for lithium-ion was to charge frequently and so on. Through further research, each source has come back saying the opposite of what I originally thought was correct. Can someone who knows something about these batteries please clear the air!!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I personally did the complete drain and complete charge first time with my incredible.

Whichever method you do use your battery will only last a certain amount anyway. Best you can do is turn off anything automatic and your Razr comes with an app that also helps.

I believe it's more of Android monitoring the battery life. For example mine charges to 100% but if I leave it alone for 10 minutes, it drops 4-5%, this is normal. Once it gets to 90% it stays like that for a long while and the battery drains "slower".

Byakushiki

Reaction score
I've never done the complete drain, except for once on my old D1. That was merely to see how long it could hold out just standing. As of now, my D2 Global can go about 6-8 hours before it hits 95%. Only reason I know is because it reports in 1% increments, but yeah. You might want to note I don't touch my phone usually for those hours because of school.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've never done the complete drain, except for once on my old D1. That was merely to see how long it could hold out just standing. As of now, my D2 Global can go about 6-8 hours before it hits 95%. Only reason I know is because it reports in 1% increments, but yeah. You might want to note I don't touch my phone usually for those hours because of school.

Ok even if you don't look at your phone and leave it on standby for 6-8hrs and you only lost 5% that is amazing battery life.