Battery Length after Gingerbread

snstr1

Reaction score
Prior to doing the gingerbread upgrade, I had my phone rooted and running apex mod. I had used titanium backup to freeze the bloatware.

Once I upgraded I had read that the battery time was supposed to get better. I have gingerbread, rooted, bloatware frozen and my phone barely lasts a day now where prior to this I used to get 1.5 to 2 days without any heavy usage.

Anyone else notice worse battery length after upgrade? Wondering if maybe theres something new running in background I need to freeze or something.

10yck

Reaction score
Battery liee

I am experiencing the same thing. I am not rooted but I can tell you that my battery before gingerbread would be about 50% at the end of the day from normal business use. Since gingerbread, I am at 40% by noon. I end up having to put on the charger at lunch just to make sure I make it through the day, just to put it back on the charger when I get home. I really like all the new things in gingerbread but the battery life sucks.

OP
snstr1

snstr1

Reaction score
Im in the midst of using the "battery calibration" app off the market. Then I am going to verify that I have frozen all bloatware that I can. Havnt found a list specifically for the Droid 2 yet but there seem to be plenty for the Droid x2. I will post once I see if this improves my battery length

nhra1ss

Reaction score
I also am seeing a drop in battery life after Gingerbread update. Never looked at running apps before but checked the other day and was surprised at how many were running. Wonder how I can improve things? I am not rooted, running stock D2.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
snstr1

snstr1

Reaction score
Ok I used the batter condtioner and it seems to have helped. I also used the lists for freezing the apps I dont use and bloatware. Unfortunately I broke my contacts some how so I need to find out what I shut off that wont let contact details open.

But I am going on 24 hours and still at 50%

UPDATE: dont freeze corporate sync if you use the default Contacts.

Heres a list of the apps I froze with Titanium Backup

amazon kindle
amazon mp3
android live wallpaper
backup assistant
backup assistant client
blockbuster
books
cardock
city id
com.motorola.spellcheck
desk home
dlna
dlna system service
droid eye
facebook authenticator
files 2.3.3 ( I use root explorer)
flickr authenticator
gallery 2.3.3 ( i use Gallery 1.1.3)
help center
home screen tips
ipsec vpn
kpi logger
lastfm authenticator
linkedin authenticator
live wallpaper picker
magic smoke wallpapers
media share
mediasync
messages 2.3.3 ( I use Handcent)
messaging 2.3.3
motorola dock service
music visualization wallpapers
my uploads
myspace authenticator
nfs shift
orkut authenticator
photbucket authenticator
picasa authenticator
print to retail
skype mobile
skyrock authenticator
social messaging
social messaging service
social networking
social sharing
social status
sticky note
suggestions
suggestions core
suggestions poll
swype
textmessaging
twitter authenticator
universal inbox
vcast media manager
video editor lite
vpn service
weather 2.3.3.

Now that ive done the battery condition and froze with titanium, im smokin fast and battery is lookin like I should get almost 2 full days, Im more than happy with that

Droid 2, Rooted, Gingerbread OTA

go.nocturn

Reaction score
i dont have a big issue with battery life, but one thing that has definitely and significantly changed is how fast my phone heats up to 104 degrees.. when i was on gb leak running apex rc2 my phone would seldom heat up past 100 degrees.. is anyone else experiencing this?