Problem with DX2 after Google fixed problem with market

cerogers1202

Reaction score
So I have had my phone rooted for almost year now. I used zergrush to root it, after getting a modded version of the gingerbread update done by Hudson. It has worked perfectly ever since, except for the phone occasionally nit reading satellites for navigation after charging overnight, which I fix by simply pulling the battery and rebooting.

Now that Google fixed the market problem and my apps are updating again (I had been using AppBrain to update daily) my phone is lagging horribly and freezing and rebooting randomly. I have removed my battery booster, overclocker, task killer, numerous unused apps I downloaded, moved files to my 16 gb SD card, used Titanium Backup to re-freeze the bloatware, and even tried freezing Google Play Store. STILL HAVING ISSUES!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

4saken

Reaction score
i am having alot of the same problems too with the play store and its only been for two weeks now . if i herr anything ill let u know .i cant even get update notifyications.

sent from DroId x2_2.3.4 w/v6 supercharger scripts

OP
C

cerogers1202

Reaction score
OK. I see several hundred views, but no responses offering a solution.

I finally had enough, and just sbf'd back to stock 2.2.2. Obviously I backed up all files with Titanium Backup first. I reactivated my google account and cell service, and accepted all OTA updates that popped up. I then used the ZergRush method to re-gaine root access. I then restored my apps, except for any that boosted or overclocked the CPU. So I am basically stock, but with root access for task killer and titanium backup to freeze bloatware and backup files. Seems to be working OK now. We'll see what the week brings...

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
just sbf'd back to stock 2.2.2
so what version were you on?
AppBrain... removed my battery booster, overclocker, task killer, Titanium Backup
not sure what you problems, I'm not using any of those apps, restoring apps from a different system version can cause problems if you are restoring the data also
try Eclipse v2.1, Deodexed, Zipaligned, Bloat Removed, runs smooth, good battery