1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Battery is horrible....

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by sewy20, Jul 20, 2010.

1. sewy20

sewy20 New Member

Anyone else notice on the Droid X the battery dying extremely fast?

What are some ways I can preserve battery life?
  2. xRITE AIDEx

xRITE AIDEx New Member

Well my brother has the X and he had the same problem first thing I told him get rid of all of the useless widgets you dont need, next try to keep it on dim, try using juice defender, but mainly...

Just give it time
  3. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator

power saver mode under battery in settings
  4. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Moved to correct sub-forum....

Battery seems fine on mine.
  5. Lurpa

Lurpa New Member

I had some major problems with the battery too. What I did was turned off the power and charged it 3 hours. This made it last 4 times longer over 16hrs with me playing on it all the time and this was before the update today. Now it seams to be even better.
  6. JFDroid

JFDroid New Member

My phone has RIDICULOUS battery life.

I'll recap a typical day for me.

Wake up at 8am, take phone off charger. Shower, eat, get ready for work. Drive to work, plug phone in while driving. My drive is 1.5 miles, so the phone charges MAYBE for 5 minutes. Report to work at 9. Work until 1, take lunch. Phone is at 80% battery at lunch. Play with the phone for about 15-20 minutes at lunch, maybe make a phone call to a few people, usually talking on the phone for 10-15 minutes total. Do some twittering/facebooking. Report back to work at 1:45 or 2:00, and work until 5 or 5:30. Head home, plugging in the phone in my dock/car charger for another 5-10 minutes (10 minutes if I have to drive an extra mile to the post office to drop off mail for the office).

Then I usually plug in my phone when I get home to my theater system and play music (on shuffle - with the screen off) for 30 minutes while I change clothes, tidy up the house, etc. Then I either go for a run, or if it's an off day I will bum around the house until 7 or 8 until other people get home and we make dinner. By dinner time (usually around 8:30 or 9:00pm) my battery is at 50-60%. All day I check Twitter status messages, send texts, take pictures (been taking a lot of pictures of co-workers and friends and family for my contacts list - finally being non-lazy so I can have a picture for every contact). I also receive corporate e-mail and gmail, and I do a LOT of e-mailing throughout the day, and I get tons of emails on my gmail account all day long (50+ each day between 8am and 5pm).

I never charge my phone mid-day since I got it last Friday... unless I'm driving, which is almost never. I drive to/from work, 1.5 miles each way, and usually walk everywhere else because my house is close to everything I need except the grocery store (I go every Sunday and it's next door to my work - a 3 mile drive round trip).

Actually, since having the phone, I've only seen the battery indicator turn yellow once. I think yellow indicates 20 or 30% battery remaining. And I believe that was Friday while I spent 3 hours at the VZW store in the back room showing off my phone to VZW employees and setting up the phone, and the battery came charged to only about 70-80%.

So yeah. I'm not getting any battery problems. I run the following widgets: Twitter, Facebook, Beautiful Home, music, Pandora, Genie News & Weather, People (Launcher Pro Plus), Power Control, 2x Sticky Notes, Pure Calendar (Agenda), Youtube, and the Photo slideshow widget. Any widgets I have are set to update every 1 hour if it's an option, if it's not then it's set at either 30 minutes or 2 hours, depending on the widget. I turn my screen on all the time, checking Twitter status updates every 30 minutes at work and all night at home.

I don't know how people are having battery problems. I'm either lucky, or people are using task killers and other crap they don't need. Who knows. I can't speak for anyone else. Actually, I can! One person I live with has an X as well, and he gets fantastic battery life from his phone, too. He didn't charge it last night and I just saw him an hour ago and he was at 20% battery since yesterday morning. And he texts a lot for work (works @ VZW actually). I'm stumped by people claiming to have a dead battery after half a day.
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  7. Izord

Izord New Member

I have a good battery in mine. Battery lasts about twice as long as on my Evo. (Before I returned the Evo yesterday)
  8. sjmerlo

sjmerlo New Member

I will definitely buy the extended battery when it becomes available in August.
  9. ctxx24

ctxx24 New Member

power saver works good....3 charges so far got 12...15... and 27 hours took of the usless power hog widgets....
  10. JhankG

JhankG New Member

My battery life has been excellent, especially compared to my OCed Droid.
  11. NuDroid

NuDroid New Member

I've had the Droid, Incredible and Iphone4 ( Droid X battery is the best ) Am amazed how long it goes for , yesterday I got 12hrs of heavy usage... Loving it
  12. samgovol

samgovol New Member

it seems like my battery life has gone DOWN after the new update today. I hardly used the phone at all today and it died about 4:00....This doesn't seem normal??
  13. nick96ss

nick96ss New Member

mine is also horrible . i get maybe 8 hours of heavy usage and 12-14 with regular usage .
  14. venum67

venum67 New Member

What update is everyone referring to??

Thanks
  15. fackelein

fackelein New Member

The first OTA, you can find more discussion HERE
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...s/61200-anyone-seeing-604-ota-update-yet.html :)
  16. jst4fun

jst4fun New Member

actually after a full charge early morning after my update, seems like my batter is alot better. I have used it quite a bit today and even now have close to 60% left. so we are talking about 14 hours as of 10 PM CST. But I also turned my screen down a little more this morning. Even turned down the X screen is very crisp and clear.
  17. RadRyan122

RadRyan122 New Member

I think the battery just needs a few charging cycles to reach its full capacity. The two days or so I was having problems with battery life, but after that I've gone through every day using my phone a lot and the battery holds out just fine.
  18. rickreno

rickreno New Member

My battery life appears to have gotten much better since the update. Pre-update I was lucky to get 6 hours on the battery with minimal use (it was bad enough that I considered returning the phone), today after a full charge I got a full day and still had 50% left when I plugged it in.
  19. msburr87

msburr87 New Member

I had terrible battery life (5hours) then I did four things.
    1. Deleted task killer, and any battery monitoring app as they seem to drain batter more then anything
    2. Battery saver mode with data timeout set at 15mins
    3. Adjusted all autoupdating widgets and apps to reup every hour as some are set at every minute or fifteen, email as well
    4. Turned off phone (died) and charged for a few hours OFF. crucial, unplug, turn on, charge for another half hour.

All that said as i write this i've been unplugged since 815 this morning (15hours ago) and am at roughly 60% battery. I have 12 data intensive widgets and i've been playing with it for hours today, with wifi on for at least an hour, and bluetooth for 1.5hours with music at gym, probably 100 texts, a dozen or so phonecalls. So with moderate to heavy use i would expect AT LEAST 24 hours.
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  20. DAVID2010

DAVID2010 New Member

Good Battery

I use my smartphone a lot. So far, my battery has not been a issue. I also have a solution if you can't get your smartphone to a charger anytime throughout the day. BUY A EXTRA BATTERY. Well, that's what I did at least. A feature we have with this phone is the ability to switch batteries.
    It has been a tough few days with this phone but I like it. I hope I don't have any issues later on though.
Search tags for this page

mybat 3200mah backup battery

preserve droid razr battery life