Battery is horrible....

jst4fun

Reaction score
actually after a full charge early morning after my update, seems like my batter is alot better. I have used it quite a bit today and even now have close to 60% left. so we are talking about 14 hours as of 10 PM CST. But I also turned my screen down a little more this morning. Even turned down the X screen is very crisp and clear.

RadRyan122

Reaction score
I think the battery just needs a few charging cycles to reach its full capacity. The two days or so I was having problems with battery life, but after that I've gone through every day using my phone a lot and the battery holds out just fine.

rickreno

Reaction score
My battery life appears to have gotten much better since the update. Pre-update I was lucky to get 6 hours on the battery with minimal use (it was bad enough that I considered returning the phone), today after a full charge I got a full day and still had 50% left when I plugged it in.

msburr87

Reaction score
I had terrible battery life (5hours) then I did four things.
1. Deleted task killer, and any battery monitoring app as they seem to drain batter more then anything
2. Battery saver mode with data timeout set at 15mins
3. Adjusted all autoupdating widgets and apps to reup every hour as some are set at every minute or fifteen, email as well
4. Turned off phone (died) and charged for a few hours OFF. crucial, unplug, turn on, charge for another half hour.

All that said as i write this i've been unplugged since 815 this morning (15hours ago) and am at roughly 60% battery. I have 12 data intensive widgets and i've been playing with it for hours today, with wifi on for at least an hour, and bluetooth for 1.5hours with music at gym, probably 100 texts, a dozen or so phonecalls. So with moderate to heavy use i would expect AT LEAST 24 hours.

Last edited:

DAVID2010

Reaction score
Good Battery

I use my smartphone a lot. So far, my battery has not been a issue. I also have a solution if you can't get your smartphone to a charger anytime throughout the day. BUY A EXTRA BATTERY. Well, that's what I did at least. A feature we have with this phone is the ability to switch batteries.
It has been a tough few days with this phone but I like it. I hope I don't have any issues later on though.

kmasum

Reaction score
Battery life better than my original droid. No complain at all..

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

FunkUSMCRet

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but charging it via USB is negligable... when you charge over night (and as often as you can), PLUG it in to the wall, makes a HUGE difference in mine. Still not happy with the life of the battery though. Looking for a dock for an extra battery like I had with my blackberry (very convenient).

tam5070

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with external pluggable batteries like MyBat 3200mAh Extended Backup Battery Charger with Micro USB Plug ?

My girlfriend just got a car charger that you can plug your phone in to for your iPhone while driving but then it also has a little magnetic battery attachment you can pull off and take with you to plug in as an extra external battery. I'd love to see something like that hit the market. (Found hers online: Griffin PowerDuo Reserve AC and Car Chargers and Battery - Apple Store (U.S.) )

cardinalmedtype

Reaction score
Terrible Battery Life

I just changed from BB Tour to Droid X. My battery is being drained very quickly. A few call to the inexperienced Verizon Techs, have made some changes like change display turnoff GPS through Application Manager and Running processes. I did have the live feed of Facebook which I deleted comeplety thinking this was the problem. Verizon suggested Advanced App Killer, still only getting abou 15 hours, with hardly any use yesterday.

My question is, there have been some suggestions on this site, but they do not explain how to do them. I notice the weather and news looks to me like it is running, and if I want the news I will turn the TV on.

Can someone please explain to me how to conserve battery life, step by step, I am sorry I am new to this and Verizon seems clueless and denies that there are battery issues.

I do use the AAK. I tried stopping weather and news by going to Applications and running applications, which keep going back on even after I stop them.

I only need my emails from AOL, texting, phone and occasional web browser. I do want to do these things and have the phone last from at least 9 AM to about 2AM, is this possible?

Sorry if I sound like an idiot and do not know very much, but I am so tired of Verizon tech support, they do not know anything and keep changing things I know nothing about on my phone.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I've been fairly satisfied with my DX's battery life. I received the phone on Friday and cracked right into it. I didn't charge the battery first (it had a pretty good charge right out of the box so I just started using it) and it lasted me the whole day. I did charge it up that night to full capacity...over the weekend, I didn't use it much. So on Monday it still had a decent charge and I was messing with it a moderate amount then. I charged it up again on Monday night.

Yesterday (Tuesday), I installed the OTA update previously mentioned and after that update I noticed the battery meter did go up a little bit. Both yesterday and today, I did put it on the car charger while on my way into work each morning (only a 15-minute drive; each time the phone got an additional 10% on the battery)...the battery hasn't gone below 40% since yesterday.

It'll probably need a full boost tonight, though as of this posting, it's sitting at 50% charge.

sin vicious

Reaction score
follow the instructions

If you read the literature the phone came with it says to ensure your phone is fully charged prior to using it. When I got the phone I didnt bother turning it on, I just plugged it in the charger for 2 hours. On the first day I usually allow it to go completely dead before charging it again. Next, I went to battery settings and made sure it was on smart mode (found in battery manager). I also customized battery options to reflect off peak times to reflect when i am in work and and not really using data. I then proceeded to lower the screen brgihtness but not by much (whats the point of having a nice screen) id say its a little more then half way up probably 65%. I dont use task killers at all and I run 3 widgets. My phone keeps the charge for at least 27 hours.

My Average daily use: 12-15 calls a day for an average use of 2-3 hours
Texting: roughly 20 a day
Data: Between twitter,facebook I do about 2 hours worth daily. At the gym i do about 1 hour of iheart radio and pandora.

ewells2420

Reaction score
I thought I was the only one lol. Granted I dont use mine during the day because I cant take my phone into work so I either leave it at home or in the car. Which I only left it in the car once because its so hot I dont want to subject my baby to the heat. I have leather interior too lol. Black.

But anyway once I do get home I use it a lot. So far like 2-4 solid hours over the period of like 6-7 hours. And thats browsing the web, little youtube, social networking widgets, weather widget, wireless on. I have not charged my phone yet since the day before the update. Which was the 20th for me in the morning. Right now im at 50% So since monday after afternoon.

Granted I dont run streaming stuff like pandora on it right now. Or probably as many apps as some people. So I think that does help. And I dont run any task killers.

My phone has RIDICULOUS battery life.

I'll recap a typical day for me.

Wake up at 8am, take phone off charger. Shower, eat, get ready for work. Drive to work, plug phone in while driving. My drive is 1.5 miles, so the phone charges MAYBE for 5 minutes. Report to work at 9. Work until 1, take lunch. Phone is at 80% battery at lunch. Play with the phone for about 15-20 minutes at lunch, maybe make a phone call to a few people, usually talking on the phone for 10-15 minutes total. Do some twittering/facebooking. Report back to work at 1:45 or 2:00, and work until 5 or 5:30. Head home, plugging in the phone in my dock/car charger for another 5-10 minutes (10 minutes if I have to drive an extra mile to the post office to drop off mail for the office).

Then I usually plug in my phone when I get home to my theater system and play music (on shuffle - with the screen off) for 30 minutes while I change clothes, tidy up the house, etc. Then I either go for a run, or if it's an off day I will bum around the house until 7 or 8 until other people get home and we make dinner. By dinner time (usually around 8:30 or 9:00pm) my battery is at 50-60%. All day I check Twitter status messages, send texts, take pictures (been taking a lot of pictures of co-workers and friends and family for my contacts list - finally being non-lazy so I can have a picture for every contact). I also receive corporate e-mail and gmail, and I do a LOT of e-mailing throughout the day, and I get tons of emails on my gmail account all day long (50+ each day between 8am and 5pm).

I never charge my phone mid-day since I got it last Friday... unless I'm driving, which is almost never. I drive to/from work, 1.5 miles each way, and usually walk everywhere else because my house is close to everything I need except the grocery store (I go every Sunday and it's next door to my work - a 3 mile drive round trip).

Actually, since having the phone, I've only seen the battery indicator turn yellow once. I think yellow indicates 20 or 30% battery remaining. And I believe that was Friday while I spent 3 hours at the VZW store in the back room showing off my phone to VZW employees and setting up the phone, and the battery came charged to only about 70-80%.

So yeah. I'm not getting any battery problems. I run the following widgets: Twitter, Facebook, Beautiful Home, music, Pandora, Genie News & Weather, People (Launcher Pro Plus), Power Control, 2x Sticky Notes, Pure Calendar (Agenda), Youtube, and the Photo slideshow widget. Any widgets I have are set to update every 1 hour if it's an option, if it's not then it's set at either 30 minutes or 2 hours, depending on the widget. I turn my screen on all the time, checking Twitter status updates every 30 minutes at work and all night at home.

I don't know how people are having battery problems. I'm either lucky, or people are using task killers and other crap they don't need. Who knows. I can't speak for anyone else. Actually, I can! One person I live with has an X as well, and he gets fantastic battery life from his phone, too. He didn't charge it last night and I just saw him an hour ago and he was at 20% battery since yesterday morning. And he texts a lot for work (works @ VZW actually). I'm stumped by people claiming to have a dead battery after half a day.

sin vicious

Reaction score
I just changed from BB Tour to Droid X. My battery is being drained very quickly. A few call to the inexperienced Verizon Techs, have made some changes like change display turnoff GPS through Application Manager and Running processes. I did have the live feed of Facebook which I deleted comeplety thinking this was the problem. Verizon suggested Advanced App Killer, still only getting abou 15 hours, with hardly any use yesterday.

My question is, there have been some suggestions on this site, but they do not explain how to do them. I notice the weather and news looks to me like it is running, and if I want the news I will turn the TV on.

Can someone please explain to me how to conserve battery life, step by step, I am sorry I am new to this and Verizon seems clueless and denies that there are battery issues.

I do use the AAK. I tried stopping weather and news by going to Applications and running applications, which keep going back on even after I stop them.

I only need my emails from AOL, texting, phone and occasional web browser. I do want to do these things and have the phone last from at least 9 AM to about 2AM, is this possible?

Sorry if I sound like an idiot and do not know very much, but I am so tired of Verizon tech support, they do not know anything and keep changing things I know nothing about on my phone.

I suggest going into verizon and getting a new battery.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
15 hours is very good. The X's battery life will never be as good as your Tour. The screen alone probably sucks down as much power as the Tour uses.

rmp459

Reaction score
mine is terrible. 4 hours (1 hour of music w/ screen off web browsing for ~15 minutes total email for ~15-20 mins and a whole lot of standby time and im at 60 % already... i cant even get through a work day on standby. I run like 2 widgets.. but there are a retarded number of services on this phone that are always running... if i cant sort this out im tossing it and going back to sprint.

also i installed and uninstalled google talk.. and the service wont go away.. keeps restarting... just wanna give up.

Last edited: