1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Battery draining 1%/min normal?!

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by Foreverloved, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Foreverloved

Foreverloved New Member

I'm not an experienced droid owner but my phone has been having issues lately with random inconsistent reboots/freezes. I decided to reset to factory since I don't have it rooted or anything special. Now with no new apps installed except factory + Battery Monitor Free I'm seeing my battery drop about 1% per minute with the screen on casually looking at home screens/app drawer/browser. Brightness is at only %20 and I timed from 70%-60%, is that normal?
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  2. Section Twelve

Section Twelve New Member

I had lots of trouble with Battery Monitor Free. For one, it started to drain my extended battery VERY fast. I would charge it overnight and then the battery would be nearly dead by 7PM the next day of use.

Next was the kicker. Since I installed it, I randomly could not receive or make phone calls. I tried to work with BMF for a few days, but I finally had to uninstall it and things have gone back to normal for me since.

So... give it a shot. Get rid of BMF and see if you still have issues.
  3. Jordan8

Jordan8 New Member

Definality not normal. I have 12hours & 49mins off of my charger atm & still have 63% battery left. I use the moto extended battery.