Battery % does not change while charging

shep938

Reaction score
When I charge up my DX2 .. the % of the battery does not change until I unplug it. For example, say there is 10% left on my battery.I will charge it for an hour and it will still say 10% until i unplug it. Could this be a battery issue, a phone issue or maybe charging cord issue??

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I charge up my DX2 .. the % of the battery does not change until I unplug it. For example, say there is 10% left on my battery.I will charge it for an hour and it will still say 10% until i unplug it. Could this be a battery issue, a phone issue or maybe charging cord issue??

You should be able to see the percentage of battery without unplugging it. You can either take it to Verizon and do an exchange or keep it and do a Factory Data Reset. If it still does it you'll need to get a replacement.

Beka27

Reaction score
Are you using the charger it came with? Do you have a second battery you can try? Definitely try a reset prior to going to VZW...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Elite49

Reaction score
Mine has done the same thing since Day 1, even with 2 resets. I don't see the problem here tho.

OP
S

shep938

Reaction score
I am using the charger that came with the phone and i dont have another battery to try. I am going to call Tech Support in the AM and see what they say. How do I reset the phone?

Beka27

Reaction score
On the X you go thru Menu... Settings... Privacy... Factory reset.

Beka27

Reaction score
Be aware that if they send you a new phone it may be a "certified like new replacement" that could very well have the same issue. If the phone is still charging, I'd be tempted to leave well enough alone. Replacements can be crapshoots...

igknight

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing with either of the two batteries that I have, or if its plugged into the wall or a computer.

Mavic

Reaction score
Yeah mine started doing it too. Stuck at 90%. Such a shame that an entire reset is the only known solution.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Mavic

Reaction score
It's just funny because mine says 90 but the led light is on like it's fully charged. Frustrating.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
S

shep938

Reaction score
I called tech support and they reccomended an exchange. I went to the verizon store and the sales guy said "thats just how your phone is"...really....really.....really...To me it seems these sales people dont know poop. So i told them I spoke with tech support and they end up giving me another new phone. Now this new phone, the home and settings buttons are loose. So im gonna take it back for another one. And, i had a screen protector on my first one and they wouldnt even give me another one at the store. They said tech support will mail me one....so far my experience with my first smartphone is not very good

Mavic

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your bad first experiences. Yeah the Verizon Store here doesn't know crap about anything either but they have a technical support desk in the back that people seem to know a little more. I'm glad I grabbed one of the good X2s, seems like the ratio of good to bad is 1:5. Motorola QA ftw!

kmark

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. Is there any known solution besides giving it back to Verizon? That's the last thing I want to do.

EmanP223

Reaction score
Same here. Also, if your phone is dead and you plug it in, you can't turn it on. You have to let it charge up a bit, unplug it and then turn it on and replug it. Phone has issues.