Phone thinks battery is dead and powers off, then it shows 50% upon restart.

DJTURNz

Reaction score
My DX2 suddenly sucks for battery life. This morning I took it off ther charger at 100% and used it for 20 minutes looking at twitter. I got the 15% remaining message and 2 minutes later I get the 5% message and it immediately shuts down. I go to plug it in and the larger battery graphic comes up (the one it shows when you are charging it while it's off). And it says 80%. So I unplug it and turn it back on. Once it went through it's boot up and aquired signal and all that, my battery widget shows 50%. I plugged the charger back in and in about 10 minutes, it said 60%.

A couple days ago, I left the house with 90% and turned on GPS and navigation. I got 8 miles from my house and it shut down due to dead battery.

Is the battery going bad or is something else the issue.

Whenever I check the battery usage, it either shows DISPLAY or IDLE as the number one battery user.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
unless phone is getting very hot, it's most likely the battery

rmadison76

Reaction score
Check this post out for info I left there and I hope it helps and yes themib* is correct will shut off no matter if battery is fully charged and it is overheated. I had similar issue with mine and battery not lasting as long and when I replaced battery all issues went away, and as i stated in other post battery life will last almost 3 days depending on what your doing but basic usage ie: calls and texts it should last about 3 days before needing recharged. Hope this helps.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x2-tech-support/222686-severe-battery-issues.html