Phone thinks battery is dead and powers off, then it shows 50% upon restart.

Discussion in 'Droid X2 Tech Support' started by DJTURNz, Aug 10, 2012.

1. DJTURNz

DJTURNz Member

My DX2 suddenly sucks for battery life. This morning I took it off ther charger at 100% and used it for 20 minutes looking at twitter. I got the 15% remaining message and 2 minutes later I get the 5% message and it immediately shuts down. I go to plug it in and the larger battery graphic comes up (the one it shows when you are charging it while it's off). And it says 80%. So I unplug it and turn it back on. Once it went through it's boot up and aquired signal and all that, my battery widget shows 50%. I plugged the charger back in and in about 10 minutes, it said 60%.

A couple days ago, I left the house with 90% and turned on GPS and navigation. I got 8 miles from my house and it shut down due to dead battery.

Is the battery going bad or is something else the issue.

Whenever I check the battery usage, it either shows DISPLAY or IDLE as the number one battery user.
  2. themib

themib Well-Known Member

unless phone is getting very hot, it's most likely the battery
  3. rmadison76

rmadison76 New Member

Check this post out for info I left there and I hope it helps and yes themib* is correct will shut off no matter if battery is fully charged and it is overheated. I had similar issue with mine and battery not lasting as long and when I replaced battery all issues went away, and as i stated in other post battery life will last almost 3 days depending on what your doing but basic usage ie: calls and texts it should last about 3 days before needing recharged. Hope this helps.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x2-tech-support/222686-severe-battery-issues.html
Search tags for this page
android battery dies at 50
droid x2 battery dies

droid x2 battery dies quickly

droid x2 battery dying
droid x2 battery dying fast
droid x2 battery dying quickly
droid x2 battery life
phone battery dies in minutes
phone dies at 50
phone dies at 80
phone dies with full battery