Won't charge from wall charger/strange "bootlegger" screen at start-up

hollep

Reaction score
So my Droid 2 Global won't charge when plugged in using the provided wall charger, but will using a USB cord into a USB wall charger. When I plug in the wall charger, it turns on the welcome screen as always, but does not charge. When I unplug it, it vibrates as if I just unplugged it.

So I tried restarting it, which it took a while to do because a DOS looking type came on the screen saying BOOTLEGGER ok, USB charge. Changed the battery and the same thing.

Any ideas what might be going on?

jbg25

Reaction score
Do you mean BootLoader? If not...how is the moonshine from your droid bootlegger? Sorry could not help it.

If it is your BootLoader screen that is coming up, you probably have a corrupted recovery and ROM. I dont have a D2G...but I assume it is the same as the D1.

Did you Root? If so...something went wrong and I believe the only thing you can do is flash an .sbf file IF it is even available for the D2G. Not sure the regular D2 .sbf file will work

If you are not rooted...I would take it to a VZW store and make them replace it.

OP
H

hollep

Reaction score
It was a Bootloader (sorry, I was drinking at the time...).

And I have not messed with any of that, though I stopped by a Verizon store and they tried a charger on it and it worked, so I think it is the physical charger.

OP
H

hollep

Reaction score
Tried a battery pull and new battery, same issue, and Boatloader still shows up when I plug it in without the phone being on.