battery died for no reason

bobhamm16

Reaction score
:motdroidvert:eek:n at least 3 different occasions, my battery drained when it was in my holder...went to use it, and would not turn back on. it had at least 3/4 power left on it when i last turned it off.....how can the battery drain,when it is not being used?...this is my second droid and a new battery replaced on this one..has any one else ever had this problem,or any suggestions

Detcord

Reaction score
sometimes mine will show drained for no reason after a restart, but just half a second plugged in its back to full... bug in the os maybe. of course we may have completely different problems.

truckbutt

Reaction score
If you are in an area that has no cell signal for an extended period of time, it will drain the battery as the phone searches for signal. Also wifi will drain your battery as it searches for a network.

MWBAM

Reaction score
I had my charging over night and woke up to show 100% charged. Unplugged the phone and started to get ready. Grabbed my phone about 15mins later walking out the door to see that my phone had 10% battery left. I not only had this happen but lost music and pics that I had transfered to my phone from my computer. Not sure of the problem but I took mine back to Verizon and they gave me a new one and let me keep my old battery. I have had the battery thing happen to me once again since then but I plugged back in for about 5 mins and it said it was 100%. Hope this helps.