Battery not charging?

HippyHusker

Reaction score
I have a weird situation. First and foremost, I got my Droid las Wednesday. Last night, my battery went dead. So I decided it'd probably be good to charge it. But, yet it did not want to charge or come on. I used two different outlets, and even my computer, but no, nothing happened. I thought to myself, maybe it's just super drained, and I went to bed and let it sit. This morning, I turn it on, and it lasted for a second then dies again. Now I'm a little upset. I get in my car, and use my car charger, and tada!! It's on now and charging. I come home with my phone life charged to 20%, and charge it on my home charger, which is still plugged into the outlet, and imagine that, it's charging now. Why would this be and has this happened to anyone else? Thanks.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a weird situation. First and foremost, I got my Droid las Wednesday. Last night, my battery went dead. So I decided it'd probably be good to charge it. But, yet it did not want to charge or come on. I used two different outlets, and even my computer, but no, nothing happened. I thought to myself, maybe it's just super drained, and I went to bed and let it sit. This morning, I turn it on, and it lasted for a second then dies again. Now I'm a little upset. I get in my car, and use my car charger, and tada!! It's on now and charging. I come home with my phone life charged to 20%, and charge it on my home charger, which is still plugged into the outlet, and imagine that, it's charging now. Why would this be and has this happened to anyone else? Thanks.

You're describing it a bit differently but there is a known bug with the battery indicator. What it does is it shows a false reading on your battery. Now in most incidents I read what happens is the Droid owner is at 100% and suddenly drops to 5% in no time. They plug it into the wall and it goes back to 100% in 5 minutes.

Your problem does sound quite a bit different, but I thought I'd throw that out there at you. Just keep an eye on it from here on in (like you wouldn't huh ;) and hopefully it was just a weird fluke.