Battery going dead overnight with phone off matter.

AlphaDroid

Reaction score
Seems to have started recently. With a fully charged battery, turning phone off at night so I can sleep, disconnected from power source so no power going to it, battery has lost 80% in 8 hours, when turned on in the morning. Also, phone seems to be consuming more power than before.

Anyone else having similar problem? The chip is 80% full of videos and photos, 3 month old replacement phone, using task manager app.

Last edited:

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Seems to have started recently. With a fully charged battery, turning phone off at night so I can sleep, disconnected from power source so no power going to it, battery has lost 80% in 8 hours, when turned on in the morning. Anyone else having similar problem? The chip is 80% full of videos and photos. 3 month old replacement phone.

If you're rooted I would wipe the battery stats... make sure your at 100% charged when you do it.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
That's a ridiculous amount of power loss... I barely lose 10% overnight on my OG unplugged. Either some service is running loose that's draining your battery or your battery is faulty... that's all I got.

ttdww

Reaction score
Same thing happens to my thunderbolt but even when plugged in:
--screen off
--nothing (i'm aware of) running
--volume on mute
--factory phone, have had for several months, apps installed, then alot uninstalled
--PLUGGED INTO FACTORY charger
--phone dead in morning

something not right

--so i unplug, then replug phone, finally orange light comes on, charge up for a few min, then can finally turn on phone

ugh

REMilk

Reaction score
It sounds like you may be 'sync'ing several high drain applications, such as facebook, twitter, weather, etc. I found that when these are set to sync every 15 minutes it depletes the battery overnight.

ttdww

Reaction score
if that was a suggestion for me, thx very much.

i've uninstalled a bunch of apps. seems to be much better (hoping)

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score
The OP said that he had the phone turned off... how could the high-capacity syncs be happening at all? I see this same phenomenon occasionally.... Last night I was at 40% so I *shut the phone down*. When I turned it on THIS morning, it was at 5%!!! How can that be??? I'd sure love an explanation on THAT!