1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Battery Charging Schedule?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by gte6495, Jul 18, 2010.

1. gte6495

gte6495 New Member

Hey guys, I was wondering...

I'll be getting my Droid X any time within the next week (Depending on how fast the mail carrier wants to be) and is there any kind of specific schedule I should charge my phone on? I've had my Samsung for a little more than two years now, and as far as I'm concerned, the battery is still going strong.
    I charge(d) it every night, and never usually had it pass 50% capacity by the end of the day.

As of now, I was just planning on charging every night, regardless of the current capacity...
    I would like to have my new phone last, so should I let it drain fully every time before recharging, or does it not really matter? Any other tips for retaining good battery life would be great also!
  2. FreyGrimrod

FreyGrimrod New Member

While various forms of voodoo exist I am under the impression lack of use will kill a LiIon faster than anything else?
  3. gte6495

gte6495 New Member

'Scuse me? So basically just use it, and charge whenever I feel is the vibe I'm gettin from this post lol...
  4. Immolate

Immolate New Member

You should drain it dry once, and then only do so again about once a month. In between those times, charge it up daily (or more if needed). You should not drain it dry often, or you will shorten the life of your battery. I'm sure most folks just use it all day and put it on the charger when they go to bed, unless they use it so heavily that they have to put it on the charger during the day. That's perfect, as long as you remember to drain it once, and then periodically after.
  5. gte6495

gte6495 New Member

Exactly the advice I wanted! Thanks!
  6. Immolate

Immolate New Member

You are most welcome. I've been websurfing the subject today, and found lots of good info at batteryuniversity.com, and also at Apple - Batteries. It would not have occurred to me to look there, but someone pointed it out to me and it's pretty good info.
Search tags for this page
android battery charging schedule apps
android charge scheduler
android charging schedule

battery charging schedule

charging android schedule
charging scheduler android app
droid charger scheduler app
droid razr m charging schedule
good schedule to charge my phone
how to schedule charging my android phones
motorola charging schedule