Charging overnight

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
@video: You are kidding right?? I use prolly all the time. As well as gonna, wanna, etc.. Dunno what the big deal is. It's not like you are sitting there scratching your head trying to figure out what was said.

LilTortillaBoy

Reaction score
The phone i had before my DX was an Lg Dare. I had accidentally left it overcharching during the night a handful of times. The battery bulged up and the back cover of the phone would no longer fit. On top of all this if i made calls longer than seven minutes it would go out with no warning. I dont dare risk it with this phone.

Sent from my DROIDX

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The phone i had before my DX was an Lg Dare. I had accidentally left it overcharching during the night a handful of times. The battery bulged up and the back cover of the phone would no longer fit. On top of all this if i made calls longer than seven minutes it would go out with no warning. I dont dare risk it with this phone.

Sent from my DROIDX

LTB, you had a faulty charger or battery. Charging overnight does not harm these batteries. I, and millions of others, have been charging overnight for years and years without issue. Charging overnight is not what caused your issue. Your issue was caused by having a faulty battery or faulty charger.

Relax and wake up everyday to a fully charged battery!! It's great.:)

sslbaron

Reaction score
On your phone if you go to "Settings>About phone>Safety Information>#2 Battery Charging, one of the bullets states "Motorola batteries and charging systems have circuitry that protects the battery from damage from overcharging". So go ahead and charge away. :)
I've had a Droid 1 for about a year now and a Droid X for about a month. I would plug the Droid 1 in before I went to bed and unplug it before I would leave for work. The Droid 1's battery still works as well as it did when I first bought the phone! I'm doing the same with my new X. :D

Edit: I forgot to add that both the Droid 1 and X do not wake me up to inform me that they are charged. They both sit on my computer desk patiently waiting for me to grab them for the day. lol :biggrin:

Last edited: