Charging overnight

iceman1093

Reaction score
Hey, just got the Droid X.. would it effect the battery's longevity if i charged it over night.. every night?.. prolly a solid 7-8 hours average. Thanks

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
No.....lithium ion batteries don't have issues with that. I charge mine all night every nite.

Sent from somewhere...

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Nope. Charge away.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK, pet peeve time... The word is "probably" not "prolly."
Are you saying that Prolly is your Pet Peeve :D

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I PROLLY need to point out that we do not allow grammar posts. Just kidding, I just wanted to post a sentence with "
"prolly" in it. I actually agree with you with one giant proviso and that is if the response is coming from a phone. Then any shortcut you want to use is acceptable.:icon_ banana:

Now that the thread jacking, at least on my part is over, I have been charging my battery every night all night since I got my Droid in November. No harm so far.

VidProQuo

Reaction score
I'm just being typically pedantic. I just figured that if he used the possessive form of "battery" with the correct apostrophe and correctly spelled longevity, he probably should have used "probably" correctly, too. :) (Some people think "prolly" is an actual word.)

I charge my battery overnight, too. I have on every phone I have ever owned.

Droidfish

Reaction score
I'd go a step further than saying you should prolly charge it everynight and will say you'll prolly NEED to charge your phone everynight and prolly don't want to wake up just unplug it after a charge.:D

Seriously these phones use a lot of battery.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello, may I introduce you to my Pet Peeve Prolly :wink:

I charge my Battery for seven to eight hours a night ( I have a 2800 Mah) with no problems

cpjr

Reaction score
Ive always charged every phone Ive ever had all night every night....never had a battery issue.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is prolly the most productive thread of the day

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

DaJVMan

Reaction score
Have you tried the Amzer solar charger? Just got it. Powerful charger!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

cadcoke5

Reaction score
I recently purchased the Samsung Captivate, and am irritated by a "battery full" alert that sounds and lights up the display at night and tells me to unplug the phone. This generally wakes me up at 3am !

The only way to stop this, is to set the display to not light up when plugged in, and to turn off all sounds. Of course, these options mean you cannot use the phone for an alarm clock, nor will you receive any emergency phone calls.

So, before I change to another phone I am investigating this issue. I know to avoid the Samsung Galaxy S line, since they are all likely to have the same problem.

But, does the Droid Incredible or Droid X have this "battery full" problem?

Joe Dunfee

epsilonbass

Reaction score
That's good to hear as my Droid X should prolly arrive around Tuesday. I've charged all my phones like that, and my iPod touch, but after two years of charging like that the iPod touch straight dies around 11pm every night, which prolly has something to do with charging over night (or water damage but that's a different story, prolly)

Ps: Does anyone else think of some sort of "Under the Bridge" type troll when they read Prolly?

"Hey man, don't cross that bridge, there's an evil Prolly that will kill you if you don't answer her riddles three." I imagine a Prolly to look like South Park's parody of Snooky from the Jersey Shore.

The Evil Prolly approaches...
snooki-south-park-halloween-costume-2010-snookie-snooky-beast-cartoon-southpark.jpg