baseband update any evidence its acutally improving call quality

marcogiudice

Reaction score
anybody notice any differents? people still say i sound like **** even after updating and trying all 3 vocodes in ##program. i would like everyones else opinion

choklitcow

Reaction score
How long have you had your phone? I remember when the droids were first released there were quite a few people with this problem who just took their phones in and had them replaced.

While the updated radio does increase reception and thus clarity in many cases, this could be another entire issue.

OP
marcogiudice

marcogiudice

Reaction score
How long have you had your phone? I remember when the droids were first released there were quite a few people with this problem who just took their phones in and had them replaced.

While the updated radio does increase reception and thus clarity in many cases, this could be another entire issue.

I bought my phone in November 2weeks after launch. I dnt think I have a defective phone tho cuz some times its fine other times its not
Unless u kno different any advice

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

I bought my phone in November 2weeks after launch. I dnt think I have a defective phone tho cuz some times its fine other times its not
Unless u kno different any advice

The fact that the problem is intermittent doesn't mean you don't have a hardware problem. In fact, unless your radio is simply non-functional, it's very likely that it would sometimes operate normally.

GameBoiye

Reaction score
I agree. The Droid has some of the best call quality of any cell phone, so either all your friends have crappy phones (ahem....iPhones) or your phone needs to be replaced.

lockman

Reaction score
I agree. The Droid has some of the best call quality of any cell phone, so either all your friends have crappy phones (ahem....iPhones) or your phone needs to be replaced.

+1
The Droid has far and away the best call quality of any phone I've had. And I have had some quality phones. But If you're talking someone on a lousy phone, or one of you has a lousy headset, you're beat. Droid can't fix crap.

Royal2000H

Reaction score
I love my Droid but it is probably the device with the worst call quality I have ever experienced.
I can hear everyone fine. But people always say they hear me muffled or can't understand me.
This is my house, my relatives, my friends, stores, etc. I think even when I was on the phone with Verizon once.
Unfortunately, I got the phone around Thanksgiving and don't have warranty.
Anything I can do about this?

chudilo

Reaction score
What do you mean you don't have a warranty? Did you get it from Verizon? then you have warranty from Motorolla for 12 months since purchase.

Royal2000H

Reaction score
Sorry, I misspoke.
I meant I don't have the 30 days from Verizon anymore.
And I didn't purchase insurance.

How do I go about fixing this through Motorola's warranty? Do I do it through Verizon or Motorola directly?

huskur

Reaction score
anybody notice any differents? people still say i sound like **** even after updating and trying all 3 vocodes in ##program. i would like everyones else opinion
Same thing here. I was rooted with UD9 running ERE27 (nexus baseband) and had zero issues at all. My wife had the standard 2.0.1 with no issues. i unrooted and took the OTA official install (not by much choice, to big of a story to get into) and she got the OTA update and now with the ESE81 our calls are crap.

Looks like i will go back to 2.0.1 and then root again and get UD back.

Royal2000H

Reaction score
Bump.
Can I get my phone replaced by Verizon for this issue if I bought the phone in November?
Or should I get it repaired by Motorola?

Thanks

Coosa Droid

Reaction score
I'd at least talk to the local Verizon sales rep. They seem to be more responsive nowdays. Maybe smelling blood from AT&Ts iPhone (ex)users. I had a problem like that and they took care of it and gave me 250 extra min/month for 6 months for the trouble.

But I looked for a sales guy that was hyper and trying to really sale to customers, you hit one of those don't care guys and you don't get squat.

My Droid is on BB9 and my wifes is factory both sound good. Her's is on the new 2.1 OTA setup mine is on the older baseband with no modified compression settings.