Back to stock from ics leak 6.16.215

lilafleisch

Reaction score
I need to know if there is any way to get my phone back to stock as I have to send the phone in to verizon...I have been reading a lot of different posts and all I can find is that you can rsd back to apply update or you can use a DROID 4 utility to go to other leaked updates...if anyone can tell me if this is possible or if there is already a thread that will explain this to me please provide me with the link I would greatly appreciate it.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
You can NOT go back to stock 2.3.6 from the ICS leaks. Any attempts to do so will result in a brick.

Sent from my DROID4

kenji91

Reaction score
Like bdsullivan76 says, there's no known way to flash back to GB once you make the leap to ICS.

Why do you have to send it back to Verizon?

OP
L

lilafleisch

Reaction score
Im sending it back because its still withing buyers remorse...i use my phone all night at work and the battery life is just horrible....love everything about the phone other than that, but there is no way for me to charge it while i work...i need to get the maxx or something with a removable battery so i can have a backup.

kenji91

Reaction score
Im sending it back because its still withing buyers remorse...i use my phone all night at work and the battery life is just horrible....love everything about the phone other than that, but there is no way for me to charge it while i work...i need to get the maxx or something with a removable battery so i can have a backup.

They make portable battery packs and you can try various tweaks to make the battery life respectable. They're all over the forums.

AMTrombley0924

Reaction score
Can you go back from AOKP or CM9 nightlies? I'm really considering flashing an ICS ROM for my phone as I'm sick of waiting for Moto/VZW to update the phone, but I'm not sure which is the least buggy, and when the OTA DOES finally get here, if I can get back to stock to receive it.

AMTrombley0924

Reaction score
^^^ Is this to the OP, or can you not revert back to GB from AOKP?

My theoretical plan is to flash the most up-to-date non-leak-based AOKP ROM and revert back to stock GB .219 once Moto finally gives us an OTA.

On that subject (I don't mean to hijack this thread), I'm having a hard time knowing what build fits the above description. What is the last AOKP build that wasn't based on the leak? I'm seeing a lot of Milestone 5 and 6, and builds in between, but I'm not sure which one is what I'm looking for. Do I need a certain version of Safestrap to flash this stuff?

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
What you need is a rom that works on gingerbread since you want to stay on it. What you'll do is keep gingerbread and use safestrap to load an ICS-like rom. By doing this you can go back to your non-safe system (GB) and receive the ICS update whenever that comes.

I was just surprised that some people don't read the warnings that if you go to an ICS leak you cannot got back to stock no matter what. It's one of the very first things mentioned in the ICS leak threads. If you're on GB and use safestrap to load an ICS-like rom then you have no problem going back to GB.

AMTrombley0924

Reaction score
What you need is a rom that works on gingerbread since you want to stay on it. What you'll do is keep gingerbread and use safestrap to load an ICS-like rom. By doing this you can go back to your non-safe system (GB) and receive the ICS update whenever that comes.

I was just surprised that some people don't read the warnings that if you go to an ICS leak you cannot got back to stock no matter what. It's one of the very first things mentioned in the ICS leak threads. If you're on GB and use safestrap to load an ICS-like rom then you have no problem going back to GB.

What ICS-like ROMs are out there for our phones? Any good ones?

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
The original AOPK/Gummi/CM9 roms had ICS attributes but were based off GB. Because of that combo (GB & ICS) they were buggy so development was moved to roms based on ICS.

If I were you I would use Eclipse rom for GB. That was the rom I used and I loved it because of the battery life and it was bug free.