[HELP] Clear explanation of upgrading ICS Leaks.

calvertdw

Reaction score
Can someone clearly explain how to update from one ICS leak (say 215) to another (say 217) without the use of a utility?

Thank you,
Duncan

P.S. It would also be helpful to know how to repair an ICS leak. I broke my data connection on my 215 leak by using Titanium Backup to uninstall the phone app (to try and install the CM9 one instead).

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Repairing - you can flash the same update over itself, but depending on what changes you made it might fail.

One leak to another is easy if you know how to do the commands
1. Get a copy of the moto-fastboot.exe
2. Get a copy of GB system and preinstall files
3. Have the boot.img for whatever leak you want
4. Have the leak update zip.

Then this.
1. Copy update zip to sdcard.
2. Put phone in fastboot mode.
3. Using command window and moto-fastboot, flash the gb system, the gb preinstall, then the leak boot.img.
4. Reboot phone until the red m logo blanks out, then force power down and boot to stock recovery.
5. Flash the update zip in recovery.
Done!

In step 3 you can use the moto-fastboot to erase userdata if you want.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
C

calvertdw

Reaction score
Thank you

Thank you so much! That was incredibly helpful.

Duncan

GuitarSkater

Reaction score
jsnweitzel said:
Repairing - you can flash the same update over itself, but depending on what changes you made it might fail.

One leak to another is easy if you know how to do the commands
1. Get a copy of the moto-fastboot.exe
2. Get a copy of GB system and preinstall files
3. Have the boot.img for whatever leak you want
4. Have the leak update zip.

Then this.
1. Copy update zip to sdcard.
2. Put phone in fastboot mode.
3. Using command window and moto-fastboot, flash the gb system, the gb preinstall, then the leak boot.img.
4. Reboot phone until the red m logo blanks out, then force power down and boot to stock recovery.
5. Flash the update zip in recovery.
Done!

In step 3 you can use the moto-fastboot to erase userdata if you want.

This does in fact seem quite easy, but where can i get the files needed for this? I'm on .213 right now and would like to go to. 217 maybe I am getting ahead of myself since the ICS OTA is in bound, but I am assuming this is my only option?

GigaJake

Reaction score
This does in fact seem quite easy, but where can i get the files needed for this? I'm on .213 right now and would like to go to. 217 maybe I am getting ahead of myself since the ICS OTA is in bound, but I am assuming this is my only option?

Yes, you won't be able to upgrade by the OTA, it will assume and check to see if you're still on .219 GB

This is the thread you want: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=218610