Back Button Navigation (is there a Return)

Knotter

Reaction score
I hate the Droid back button.

How does one return to composing an email message after accidently touching the soft touch back button (while using pull out keyboard)?

Never fails, I'll be 10 minutes into typing a message, then have to start all over because I accidently hit that stupid back button, and don't know how to return to where I was.

Highly frustrated.

Thanks for any suggestions.

OP
K

Knotter

Reaction score
Return button for accidental Back button press

Posted a week ago and still no response, not even a yes/no.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...4095-back-button-navigation-there-return.html

Is there a "Forward" button or "Return" function on the Motorolla Droid that'll return you to composing email message after accidently dragging finger across activating the back touch button?

Never fails I'll be 10 minutes into composing a message, ready to hit send, when somehow I touch the back button. I've yet to figure out how to return to where I was composing message. I always have to start over.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
John

dtartini

Reaction score
Posted a week ago and still no response, not even a yes/no.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...4095-back-button-navigation-there-return.html

Is there a "Forward" button or "Return" function on the Motorolla Droid that'll return you to composing email message after accidently dragging finger across activating the back touch button?

Never fails I'll be 10 minutes into composing a message, ready to hit send, when somehow I touch the back button. I've yet to figure out how to return to where I was composing message. I always have to start over.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
John
Depends on what email app you are using. In the stock email app (called Email) if you hit out of an email you are composing it automatically saves as a draft. You cant hit a "back" or "forward" button but you can go back to your email, hit menu>Drafts>then the email that was saved. If using GMail when you hit the back button it comes up with a dialog asking you to save or discard. If you accidentally hit the sofkey back button that email is gone.

Edit: with the Email app, I know it saves as draft if its hooked up to a hotmail account, I'm assming it does it with other domains also but I havnt used any others yet.

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Just Bump the old one...No need for a new thread...

Merged.

OP
K

Knotter

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm new.

I'm using browser to access hotmail. It's when I'm in hotmail and touch the back button that screws me up.

The Droid Stock email app seems to take forever to display hotmail messages. I'm not sure it ever finishes, I've never waited long enough...

OP
K

Knotter

Reaction score
If you're using the browser there is a forward button: menu softkey --> forward
:icon_ banana:

Thanks much!! menu softkey --> forward Works Great!!

Holding down home button after accidently touching back button didn't return me to composing reply message. It returned me to hotmail reading pane I was in when I held down the home button. Not reply/compose message pane where I need to go back to. Reason seems to be because touching back while in Hotmail doesn't actually leave the hotmail application, it takes you back one screen within the application. In my case back to the reading pane, same pane the accidental touch of back key took me to. I hope that makes sense.

Again thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

John

Fraxinus

Reaction score
I think the confusion was that you're using the browser, not the native email app to check hotmail. In the email app it would save a draft for you automatically. In the browser the back button works for page navigation, so it's taking you to the previously viewed page (which is why forward works).

OP
K

Knotter

Reaction score
Droid Native Email App no work well for me

I'm just now reviewing my Native email settings to post them in hopes someone can help. Like I said hotmail messages never finish loading via the Droid native email app, or I haven't waited long enough.

I'm reviewing settings and all the sudden Droid decides to confirm server settings, connection to host. 5 minutes later it's still confirming so I press cancel. 10 miuntes after pressing cancel Droid still displays "Cancelling" with a bar of stripes under message.

Something is wrong. If Droid ever returns from cancelling mode I'll post my settings. I'm about to remove the battery. Pressing Home key, and Email Icon doesn't stop the cancelling. Droid email app still says cancelling.

HELP???

OP
K

Knotter

Reaction score
Help with Droid email app settings for Hotmail

Can someone tell me if these setting are correct for Hotmail to use with Droid Email application? And if not what settings I should be using.

Incoming Server Settings:
POP3 Server - pop3.live.com
Port - 995
Security Page - SSL

Outgoing Server Settings:
SMTP Server - smtp.live.com
Port - 587
Security Type - TLS

droidkm

Reaction score
i haven't setup hotmail myself so can't say from experience, but google makes me want to make sure that you're using a 3g connection and not wifi when you're trying to connect