1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Back Button Navigation (is there a Return)

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by Knotter, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Knotter

Knotter New Member

I hate the Droid back button.

How does one return to composing an email message after accidently touching the soft touch back button (while using pull out keyboard)?

Never fails, I'll be 10 minutes into typing a message, then have to start all over because I accidently hit that stupid back button, and don't know how to return to where I was.

Highly frustrated.

Thanks for any suggestions.
  2. Knotter

Knotter New Member

Return button for accidental Back button press

Posted a week ago and still no response, not even a yes/no.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...4095-back-button-navigation-there-return.html

Is there a "Forward" button or "Return" function on the Motorolla Droid that'll return you to composing email message after accidently dragging finger across activating the back touch button?

Never fails I'll be 10 minutes into composing a message, ready to hit send, when somehow I touch the back button. I've yet to figure out how to return to where I was composing message. I always have to start over.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    John
  3. dtartini

dtartini Member

Depends on what email app you are using. In the stock email app (called Email) if you hit out of an email you are composing it automatically saves as a draft. You cant hit a "back" or "forward" button but you can go back to your email, hit menu>Drafts>then the email that was saved. If using GMail when you hit the back button it comes up with a dialog asking you to save or discard. If you accidentally hit the sofkey back button that email is gone.

Edit: with the Email app, I know it saves as draft if its hooked up to a hotmail account, I'm assming it does it with other domains also but I havnt used any others yet.
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  4. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Just Bump the old one...No need for a new thread...

Merged.
  5. Knotter

Knotter New Member

Sorry, I'm new.

I'm using browser to access hotmail. It's when I'm in hotmail and touch the back button that screws me up.

The Droid Stock email app seems to take forever to display hotmail messages. I'm not sure it ever finishes, I've never waited long enough...
  6. gatewayad

gatewayad New Member

Hold down the home button till the recent app box pops up then push the one you go back to :)
  7. Fraxinus

Fraxinus New Member

If you're using the browser there is a forward button: menu softkey --> forward
  8. Knotter

Knotter New Member

:icon_ banana:

Thanks much!! menu softkey --> forward Works Great!!

Holding down home button after accidently touching back button didn't return me to composing reply message. It returned me to hotmail reading pane I was in when I held down the home button. Not reply/compose message pane where I need to go back to. Reason seems to be because touching back while in Hotmail doesn't actually leave the hotmail application, it takes you back one screen within the application. In my case back to the reading pane, same pane the accidental touch of back key took me to. I hope that makes sense.

Again thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

John
  9. Fraxinus

Fraxinus New Member

I think the confusion was that you're using the browser, not the native email app to check hotmail. In the email app it would save a draft for you automatically. In the browser the back button works for page navigation, so it's taking you to the previously viewed page (which is why forward works).
  10. Knotter

Knotter New Member

Droid Native Email App no work well for me

I'm just now reviewing my Native email settings to post them in hopes someone can help. Like I said hotmail messages never finish loading via the Droid native email app, or I haven't waited long enough.

I'm reviewing settings and all the sudden Droid decides to confirm server settings, connection to host. 5 minutes later it's still confirming so I press cancel. 10 miuntes after pressing cancel Droid still displays "Cancelling" with a bar of stripes under message.

Something is wrong. If Droid ever returns from cancelling mode I'll post my settings. I'm about to remove the battery. Pressing Home key, and Email Icon doesn't stop the cancelling. Droid email app still says cancelling.

HELP???
  11. Knotter

Knotter New Member

Help with Droid email app settings for Hotmail

Can someone tell me if these setting are correct for Hotmail to use with Droid Email application? And if not what settings I should be using.

Incoming Server Settings:
    POP3 Server - pop3.live.com
    Port - 995
    Security Page - SSL

Outgoing Server Settings:
    SMTP Server - smtp.live.com
    Port - 587
    Security Type - TLS
  12. droidkm

droidkm New Member

i haven't setup hotmail myself so can't say from experience, but google makes me want to make sure that you're using a 3g connection and not wifi when you're trying to connect
Search tags for this page
android back navigation button
android backward navigation of pages
android browser back forward buttons

android forward button

back arrow doesnt work while composing onnthunderbolt
browser back button return android to top of previous page
droid razr m forward back button
droidx soft return button
forward button for motorola droid
forward button on android
is there a return button on motorola max keyboard