Touchscreen Interface Beginning to Fail

MNeidig

Reaction score
Hello.

A short couple of weeks ago, the left-most side of the touchscreen interface of the phone was nothing but dead spots. With the screen slid over the keyboard while typing a message, I could not hit the shift key or the 'a' key and get an effect.

A little later on, the "Previous Page" functionality has just died. No matter what I do, I can't get that button to work anymore.

Today, I felt like my phone was becoming slow and sluggish because I hadn't deleted my text messages for a while. After I did that, the "Return Home" functionality died, too.

So now I have a phone I can't navigate with, because I can't return to the previous page or return home. Also, there are dead spots on the screen's leftmost edge.

What can I do about this? Is the phone just falling apart?

maxnicks

Reaction score
warranty? Insurance? Install a new screen? I bought a broken OG Droid on Ebay for pretty cheap. I've seen others on there with good screens for $20-40.

OP
M

MNeidig

Reaction score
Warranty expired. When I brought it into the store I bought it from, they said the best I could do was maybe try an insurance claim, but that'd still run me about $50.