1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Touchscreen Interface Beginning to Fail

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by MNeidig, Jan 23, 2011.

1. MNeidig

MNeidig New Member

Hello.

A short couple of weeks ago, the left-most side of the touchscreen interface of the phone was nothing but dead spots. With the screen slid over the keyboard while typing a message, I could not hit the shift key or the 'a' key and get an effect.

A little later on, the "Previous Page" functionality has just died. No matter what I do, I can't get that button to work anymore.

Today, I felt like my phone was becoming slow and sluggish because I hadn't deleted my text messages for a while. After I did that, the "Return Home" functionality died, too.

So now I have a phone I can't navigate with, because I can't return to the previous page or return home. Also, there are dead spots on the screen's leftmost edge.

What can I do about this? Is the phone just falling apart?
  2. maxnicks

maxnicks New Member

warranty? Insurance? Install a new screen? I bought a broken OG Droid on Ebay for pretty cheap. I've seen others on there with good screens for $20-40.
  3. MNeidig

MNeidig New Member

Warranty expired. When I brought it into the store I bought it from, they said the best I could do was maybe try an insurance claim, but that'd still run me about $50.
Search tags for this page

dead spot on my evo shift 4g screen

dead spots on htc evo v touchscreen

dead spots on moto slide phone

fix evo shift screen spot not responding

how to fix touch screen on htc evo shift

moto droid touch screen fail