Physical Keyboard wear: Stiff buttons?

Rento

Reaction score
I noticed within the last few months my texting speed has decreased severely on my Droid.

I wasn't sure what it was until the last couple weeks, waiting on replies i'd just stare at my phone and push buttons here and there and that's when I noticed. They don't really push down very easily.

I know the soft cover is weird and "loose" as it will have about a millimeter or so of play between touching it and actually hitting the buttons underneath.

It seems that my average of 5000 texts per month, roughly 75K text messages, and lots of web browsing is finally paying a toll on my physical keyboard.

I would use the touch screen keyboard if I could punctuate faster, since I can text on the HTC IME keyboard extremely fast but it looks like a high school kid's text with the lowercase I, no apostrophes, etc.

Any ideas? I don't think it's wroth bringing in my phone to Verizon. It's nor worth buying another Droid 1, and I don't think disassembling the phone is a great idea...

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Hmmm... never happened to me but i have seen it mentioned in several posts.. i'm not sure there is any specific fixes for it but browse the forum.. something might come up..