Average battery life?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid MAXX' started by jackiescivic, Oct 8, 2013.

1. JP 5.56

JP 5.56 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    It's just my normal use. Checking emails, twitter, Facebook, phone calls, texts etc. It also had about 12 hours of Google Music going to my BT headphones. I don't NEED to post anything other than my normal usage.

2. lloydstrans

lloydstrans Banned

Ratings:
    +6,000
    My best guess would be that the battery meter is still in its learning stage. A change in voltage, temperature and it's still trying to figure out the state of charge. Have you done the meter calibration exercise?

Sent from my DUM phone using Droid Forums

3. BlueLions81

BlueLions81 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I decided to compare the battery of my old Bionic and my new Maxx. The Bionic battery is an extended battery - 2700. The battery display on the Bionic drops by 10s, so I kept going until the Bionic dropped to 90 percent. Both were fully charged. The screen brightness was all the way up on both phones. I played the same game for the same amount of time. The overall time is 2hrs 28 min for both. The screen time on for both is around 17 min. My Maxx is at 96% and my Bionic is at 90%.

4. TatDroid

TatDroid Active Member

Ratings:
    +199
    No problem. You certainly don't need to post anything you don't want to! Your "normal use" is known to you so you know exactly what you meant (not so much to others of us, though). "Screen on time" is a measurement others use to compare how one person's use compares to another. Total phone time on battery tells one half of the story. Screen time fills in the other half.

And BTW, my comment was NOT directed to you alone. It was meant to remind people that posting a screen shot showing total time on battery is most helpful when screen on time is also given.

5. doogald

doogald Active Member

Ratings:
    +42
    So, you plugged in at about 37 hours until about 90% charge? That's pretty close to what I get when I'm on LTE most of the time; when I'm on WiFi most of the time, I would get 42 to 50 hours if I didn't plug it in when I went to bed. (Probably longer, actually, as I'd use only about 1% per hour while sleeping.)

Search tags for this page

average battery life

average battery life of droid razr

droid maxx average screen-ontime

droid maxx sirius battery life

moto x battery