Automatic system date & time wrong

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
For the past two days when I drive into town where I live I look at my phone at the intersection (while stopped of course) and the system date and time is wrong. It is into the future by +7hrs. The system date and time are set to automatic so I know it's not a settings issue. Is anyone else noticing an issue like this on their Droid Turbo? I called Verizon to see if they had a tower issue, but nothing shows up on their end...of course. They had me change my network setting from Global to LTE/CDMA. Not sure if it's an area specific issue or a phone glitch of some type. I'll continue to monitor to see what happens, but it's just odd....

OP
TDL1068

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
No. At the intersection on wireless data. 4G.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Ah, this happened to me a few times on my old phone. I cannot remember how I fixed it, though. There was a setting on the phone that had somehow changed and it was wrong.
Do you have Auto Date Time AND Auto Time Zone on?

OP
TDL1068

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Yes. I have both on. Always had it on on all of my previous phones without having an issue. I also posted the issue on a Facebook group in the town I live in. Others are having the same time & date display issue with other phone makes & models. Makes me believe with 99% certainty it's tower related now.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
1.21 jiggawatts!

Anyway, I would tend to agree with the assumption that it's an issue with the tower in that area if it only seems to happen in a certain part of town and if other people in the same area are having the same problem with different phone models.

ninet3

Reaction score
The same happened to me yesterday and with my son who has a Turbo, and my girlfriend but hers is the Moto X version 2. Unchecking Automatic Date & Time in settings and re-checking the time displayed correctly right away. It must be a Verizon Network issue. The last time was the daylight savings time my phone jumped a head and we are not on Daylight Savings time here in Arizona

OP
TDL1068

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
@ninet3 I did the same check and unchecked as well and it displayed correctly. I'm in AZ too. Are you near the city of Maricopa? That's where I had the issue. Just curious since you had the same problem.

ninet3

Reaction score
@ninet3 I did the same check and unchecked as well and it displayed correctly. I'm in AZ too. Are you near the city of Maricopa? That's where I had the issue. Just curious since you had the same problem.
I'm in Tucson. So maybe just an Arizona issue?

OP
TDL1068

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Maybe so. Thanks for the feedback.

OP
TDL1068

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
OK. Here's an update. After changing the preferred network type to LTE / CDMA last night I had no time & date errors on the way home tonight. I seriously doubt Verizon acknowledged & fixed the problem that quickly. They never move that fast.... That must mean the network was reporting an incorrect date & time while in global mode. I believe a GMT time was reported without the -7 hr adjustment for AZ since I was exactly +7 hours when it was off.