OTA update verizon droid... 2.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OB1J3D1

Reaction score
All,

Today I had a notification on my droid that an update was available. I was hoping to check out the forum to see how the update went for everyone before I did it. But it's not there anymore.

Did it go automatically? Settings > About Phone > system updates says I am up to date.
firmware 2.0.1
build ESD56

Hope I didn't miss my update by waiting...

Thanks!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
You are up to date....thats the current build right now

gentlefury

Reaction score
it's still anyones guess when/if 2.1 will come out.

And when it finally does it will be better to just update once its rooted.

92slammer

Reaction score
All,

Today I had a notification on my droid that an update was available. I was hoping to check out the forum to see how the update went for everyone before I did it. But it's not there anymore.

Did it go automatically? Settings > About Phone > system updates says I am up to date.
firmware 2.0.1
build ESD56

Hope I didn't miss my update by waiting...

Thanks!
was prob an application update

OP
OB1J3D1

OB1J3D1

Reaction score
I've never seen that notification before, didn't press on it and it was still there for a while with texts and other stuff on the notification that i did use. perhaps it was for an update for an application? Or is that notification specifically for droid firmware updates?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
If it was the 2.0.1 update it would have continued to pop up after you ignored it. So open up the market hit the menu key and choose downloads. The apps that you downloaded will show update(s) available if there are any.

OP
OB1J3D1

OB1J3D1

Reaction score
If it was the 2.0.1 update it would have continued to pop up after you ignored it. So open up the market hit the menu key and choose downloads. The apps that you downloaded will show update(s) available if there are any.

Ah ha! that was it. Man i was excited for nothing... Thanks!

RyanRacer48

Reaction score
Perhaps enough refunds on the Moto droid would wake them up? I'm already feeling like I bought B grade hardware w/ the nexus one having such better specs.

silvere2

Reaction score
Perhaps enough refunds on the Moto droid would wake them up? I'm already feeling like I bought B grade hardware w/ the nexus one having such better specs.

Then return your Droid instead of crying about it. I'm happy with mine, and I don't feel slighted in the least.

lockman

Reaction score

Then return your Droid instead of crying about it. I'm happy with mine, and I don't feel slighted in the slightest.

Fixy:)
Agreed. Current OS runs perfect, no bugs to speak of. I might be jonesen for an update if this wasn't the case, but I'd rather wait for all the 2.1 bugs to be worked out.

These"Where's 2.1?"threads are starting to get old.

RyanRacer48

Reaction score
Well you can't say consistency from customers isn't the best way to make things happen. You are quite bold to state there are no issues w/ the current OS. If the phone can be overclocked from 800-1ghz and run perhaps they should flash the phone to perhaps do 600-700 under high CPU demand.

The camera delay is just ridiculous to open. The lack of multitouch in typing SUCKS... Pinch and zoom would be cool but w/e. The web and using maps isn't slow persay but truthfully could be smoother scrolling. Inability to transfer contacts via bluetooth. etc.

There are problems. I just simply was curious if theres any reasons aside from physical keyboard to keep the droid over the nexus one.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My reason for keeping the Droid is that it works and I'm in a 2 yr contract. Whether a TV, Car, PC or Smartphone it goes without saying that shortly after you buy it a better model gets released. You play the game or not. That being said you don't have to wait for updates. There's an excellent thread that was recently started concerning an app that does the rooting for you that the folks at Sholes have put out. There are 2.1 apps you can install on your phone right now. At least my contract wasn't up 6 months earlier and I ended up with some Android phone stuck on 1.5 instead of this 2.0 device that can run anything the Nexus has right now. I've got pinch and zoom in the gallery. I've got it in my browser. I'll probably root and go for for an 800 OC.

And you can bet whoever buys the new phone being released in 3 months with Android 3.0 will be impatient for 3.1 to come out and fix all their problems:)

This forum has been way better than any update. Thanks to the mods and droidforums.net for being here.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Nexus is a plastic piece of fluff compared to the Droid. Every spec on the Droid is better except for the snapdragon and we have a dedicated GPU also. (that can be overclocked to almost spapdragon speeds).

RyanRacer48

Reaction score
The Nexus is a plastic piece of fluff compared to the Droid. Every spec on the Droid is better except for the snapdragon and we have a dedicated GPU also. (that can be overclocked to almost spapdragon speeds).

OOOOO Very interesting. Is this confirmed that there is no dedicated GPU on the Nexus One? If thats the case the 1ghz cpu is shared for video as well?

I really want to see the battery savings from having a OLED screen instead of LCD due to lack of a backlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.