Autocorrect + Keyboard Shortcuts... Still Missing?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Pro' started by M.J.H., Jan 1, 2011.

1. M.J.H.

M.J.H. Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Of course, I absolutely love the Droid Pro and will never ever ever think about going back to a Blackberry after owning a device 10x more powerful. I feel like I went from a flip phone to a Blackberry for the first time!

Anyway, there are still a few things that this phone is missing and after doing the 2.2.6 upgrade I really want to find out how I can get these features.

The first is AUTOCORRECT. Why do I type "im" and it does not autocorrect itself to "I'll" which is the most basic of all phone functions.

The second is SHORTCUTS. I used to absolutely love the Quicklaunch application on my Blackberry where I could side press, and then press a letter to get wherever I was trying to get to. I would like some kind of application where all I have to do is hold down the letter "M" for example to launch Memopad, etc.

Any thoughts about either of these?

2. google123

google123 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Autocorrect is lacking on this phone a bit I must agree. For quicklaunch settings go to settings then applications then quicklaunch. You can set a shortcut for the side button as well as all the letters on the keyboard. On the Pro they require pressing/holding search+ letter to launch tho such as search+ G = gmail.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

3. M.J.H.

M.J.H. Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is my exact complaint the idea of a shortcut is to save you time.... last time I checked the definition of shortcut ha.... and having to hold the search key while then pressing a letter is even more annoyint than the alternative in my opinion.

How about just press a letter or holding a letter by chance?

Search tags for this page

adding shortcuts keyboard in samsung droid charge

android keyboard shortcut stop autocorrection

android shortcut turn off autocorrect

autocorrect shortcut galaxy

autocorrect shortcut galaxy s4

autocorrect shortcuts galaxy s4

droid pro side key shortcut

hiw do you turn off keyboard shortcuts for droid pros

how to make autocorrect shortcuts gs4